one

Opal
April 16,2015

"Quinn you better just go on home, you look exhausted you've been up for 19 hours straight. Go get some sleep." My friend and coworker Tuesday told me.

"Tuessy I'm fine, I don't need sleep, I need time well spent." I sigh clearing off the bar. I was currently begging for a job. My old boss fired half the workers in a fit of frustration and I was caught in the mist leaving me jobless and horribly bored. Also I'm technically a struggling actress I haven't had a real gig since 2011 when I stopped voice acting. You'd think after all that time I'd get another job easily. I guess that's Hollywood for ya. "I just..really need a job. I haven't gotten any gigs yet.. I mean I had an audition today but the world isn't necessarily looking for a ton of black actresses I guess. Plus I have a few auditions tomorrow but I don't know.." I said.

"I'm sure you'll get one Quinn. Why don't you go home rest up and get ready for your audition, yeah?" She says patting my back.

"Okay," I say.

I take off my apron and grab my jacket from behind the bar.

"Bye." I say to Tuessy as I exit the building and hop into my bug and drove home.
Once I pulled into my parking garage made my way to my apartment and sighed.

Nice apartment

Money

No job.

I was bored.

I was never really the one to be spoiled. I lived in a house with my sick mother until I was 14, after she passed I lived with my great uncle Cornelius. Uncle Neli was rich, he won the lottery in '03 and had been living largely ever since. I never really asked for anything from Uncle Neli, I wanted to work for it. Be a strong independent woman. But after uncle Neli died he left me in his will. I did get a large sum of money being his only niece and him having no children and all. I could take care of myself for the rest of my on just that but I wanted to earn money and do something.

I wanted to act again. Voice act, be in movies, be a special guest on Ellen. But something is holding me back.

I sit down at my vanity and examine myself. My large glasses frame seems quite comical once you really look at them, very Tumblr hipster I suppose. My hair is worn naturally and I guess that's a bit of a turn off. My skin is mostly clear, only a pimple or two that couldn't harm anyone. Is it just me?

I sigh again and remove my glasses, roll and tie my hair up. I remove my bra and throw on a baseball tee before flopping into my bed and falling asleep.

The next day I drove around to my auditions my first one went well I assume, the producer told me I was a bit clumsy coming in but my performance was great. The second was for a voice acting thing for a part in Steven Universe, which I'd love but I don't think I'll get it. Still awesome, I met Rebecca so there's that. My final audition was for a main roll in a movie as a sidekick/best friend and I was nerve wrecked. All the other girls were... prettier... I stood from my seat and left the building. I can't compete with them.

I walked down the sidewalk with my head low. Fear will always get the best of me, I probably could've nailed that audition but my anxiety had to go up. I rolled my eyes at myself and walked into the nearest Starbucks ordering a hot chocolate and a vanilla bean scones. As I was walking out I bumped into someones chest hard nearly spilling my drink.

"Oh my- I'm sorry!" I said dusting imaginary dirt from their shirt. "A-are you okay." I asked. "It's fine. I'm fine." They said. I began walking around them but they stopped me.

"You. You act?" They asked.

I slowly nodded unsure of where this was going.

"Do you want a job working for me." He asked. "You have...that face. It's sweet and innocent, different from the usual. And you're timid, I like it." He said examining me.

"Oh I don't- I'm not that kind of actress. I don't do..porn." I whispered.

"Oh no, no love. Not porn." He laughed. "Here, take my card. If you need a job, call. We really could use a girl like you." He said walking around me with another man.

I looked down at his card.

Joseph Artt.

Followed by a number and an email. I stuck the number into my pocket and went on.

Later that afternoon I spoke to Tuessy about the offer. She says I should take it up but I wasn't sure. It all seemed so shifty to me.

I opened up instagram and scrolled through my feed. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a fangirl so this next post caught my eye.

Harry Styles LA 4/17/15

Harry was in LA today? I was out all day and I missed him. And from the looks of it he was in a Starbucks. Hm, wouldn't it be something if it was the same one I was in?

I rolled over and picked up the card once again. Fanning the card in my hand I huffed and dialed up this Joseph Artt.

" Mr. Artt. It's that girl from the Starbucks...",

_______________________

Its the beginning of a my First interracial Fic!

Super excited to introduce O.Opal Quinn to the world.

Love ya wizards,
Indie