Chapter 12 (Christmas Break)

Will's P.O.V

Nico is so annoying!! I CANT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT HIM TRAILING BEHIND ME! He is getting stupid and ignorant and arrogant. He's always talking about what he did that day and I never have anytime for studying. The other Hufflepuff's tell me to be patient with him and I'm trying, I really am. I'm starting to think the whole 'gay' ordeal was just phase and I honestly don't know what to tell Nico. He's kind and nice, but, its just- not my type anymore.

I'm tired of being called gay and its starting to hurt. I just want someone to always be there for me, and I don't see that being Nico. The Slytherins are obviously calling me "Homo" for a nickname and for Nico, its Nico di Gaygelo. Even Travis is beginning to become one of them. Life here at Hogwarts is diffictult...

"Will, are you okay?" came soft and sweet voice, like dripping honey, ruining my train of thought.

"Huh? Oh, sure," I said. The girls often came into the boys dorms so its quite natural for them to see a few of us shirtless. I slumped back against my pillows and a bunch of school books fell off. I groaned. So much stress is on me. I'm tired. I'm never hungry and me being a son of Apollo knows that's not good. I can't focus on anything. Now my books fall off of my bed. Jolean rushed over to help me pick up my books. She had a stack of 9 heavy school books in her arms then she carefully set them down on my bed with three piles.

"Thanks," I muttered. I can't help it. Jolean is everything I could wish for. She has grey hair and a kind face. She helps anyone at the second and I'm pretty sure she would give up her life for a stranger.

She put her hand on my shoulder and looked deeply into my sky blue eyes, concerned.

"Will."

"I'm just stressed and a little tired but that's all."

"Will, is it because of what the Slytherins are saying?" Her smooth voice was hard to resist. It felt terrible to lie to her.. So I didn't.

"Yea, it is," there was nobody else in my room because everyone left for Christmas break. We walked down to the common room and sat crisscrossed by the fire. We looked outside and the snow began to fall. I sighed. "I don't know what to do. Them calling me Homo, its just.. Its so!" I screamed at a loss for words. Another good thing about Jolean is that she was a good listener.

"Will," she said kindly, "Maybe you should go see Professor McGonagall? But, well, of course you don't have to answer, but, are you gay? You must understand I'm not trying to be judgmental but I just want to know. But if you feel uncomfortable about-"

"Jolean, it's okay. And, I don't know. I know I was for a little while, but, now its just.. It doesn't feel right. I don't want to hurt Nico's feelings because he is a good guy, and yes, he does need someone to love him, but I don't think that that is going to be me. I know it will be super embarrassing for both of us if I tell him I don't like him that way. Jolean I don't know what to do." I whispered. Jolean, she is known for her singing. Her voice can calm the stormy seas almost.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said "I'll never you go."

When all those shadows almost killed you light.

I remember you said "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight.

Just close your eyes. The sun is going down.

You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now.

Come morning light, you I'll be safe and sound."

My hands were cupped in hers while she sang and she rubbed her thumb over my fingers. The fire crackled as she sang, it seemed as if it too, listened to her voice. The winds were raging outside our window, but it kept with the tempo.