“Sorry about that,” I muttered, clearing my throat awkwardly.

“Don’t apologize,” he said firmly. “You can talk to me,” he then added in a gentler tone.

“Last night,” I started, taking a deep breath to stop more tears from coming. “Zack, h-he tried to… He tried to—”

I didn’t have to finish my sentence—thankfully—because Landon’s eyes widened and he yelled, “That asshole!”

“Where does he live? I’ll go kill him right now!” Landon growled, his face turning slightly red.

“Landon calm down,” I said, touching his arm.

I watched as his eyes flashed with anger.

“He didn’t, though, right?” Landon asked his voice tight.

“No,” I replied, shaking my head quickly.

He relaxed slightly but I could still see his jaw clenched.

We were silent for a bit and I just stared at the black screen of the TV, memories of last night haunting me, making me shake slightly.

Landon must’ve noticed because he pulled me closer to him and hugged me again.

“You should’ve called me last night,” he murmured into my hair, sounding much calmer.

“It was late. I didn’t want to bother you,” I said honestly.

He pulled away slightly to look into my eyes.

“Don’t you ever think that again. When you need me, call me. I don’t care if it’s three in the morning. I’m your friend and friends are always there for each other,” he said firmly.

I felt a lump in my throat at his words so I just hugged him tighter whispered, “Thank you.”

“He doesn’t deserve you,” Landon said a few minutes later.

I just shrugged. I wanted to be with Zack. I wanted to be with the hottest, most popular guy at school.

“I mean it, Pamela. And I swear if he ever comes near you again I will hunt him down and beat him till he’s dead.”

His eyes were filled with anger again, all of it directed towards Zack.

“You’re a little scary right now,” I said quietly. I never thought Landon could get that angry.

All the anger vanished from his eyes and he blinked at me.

“I am?” he said, taken aback.

I nodded my head slightly.

“Sorry,” he said, looking ashamed all of a sudden.

“Don’t apologize,” I mimicked his words from earlier. “I know the anger is not directed at me so you’re not scaring me.”

“That’s good,” he said, relieved.

I chuckled. “You didn’t think I would be scared of you right?” I asked amusedly.

He scratched the back of his neck as he answered, “Actually I did. I thought I scared you.”

“You don’t scare me,” I said, smirking at him. “You’re as gentle as a butterfly.”

“Butterfly?” He choked out, his eyes wide. “What the hell? Where did that come from? I am not a butterfly!”

“No, no,” I said shaking my head. “I said you are like a butterfly.”