Chapter 33

WARNING: graphic violence

Stirring around uncomfortably, Athena allowed her eyes to flutter open as she emitted a yawn, before jerking upwards, spitting small amounts of sand from her beak. Placing a single claw onto Brendan's cap, the Blaziken would glance backwards, noticing the sleeping Damien. He was curled up into a ball with his back slowly rising and falling, his eyelids promptly shut. A small portion of his spine was pressed up against her. Roughly shoving the male away with her arm, the fire-and-fighting type would snort, rolling her eyes.

The sun appeared to have risen only a few moments ago. Multiple water Pokémon could be seen, swimming through the calm waters of the ocean. Little to no clouds were laced into the sky, but the hint of rain seemed strong. The Swampert beside the blaze Pokémon began to shift around, heaving himself to his feet as he raked his gaze over the surrounding premises, before landing his dull vision onto the female. "Morning," he would groggily yawn, slowly stretching out his limbs.

Athena chirped in greeting, picking up Brendan's hat as she lifted herself to her feet. The water-and-ground type would simply yawn once more, shaking his frame rapidly. Tiny particles of sand that was once on his flank fluttered everywhere, either lodging themselves in the female's bright feathers, or descending back toward the ground. "What was I talking about yesterday?" the water-and-ground type would muse, taking a few steps forward. "Oh yeah."

Turning to face the Blaziken, the mud fish Pokémon would give a single hop in the air. "Yeah, May was quite the gymnastic person!" he happily squeaked, wiggling his behind in the air as he squatted down. Despite it being only the morning, he seemed to be as energetic as ever. The fire-and-fighting type simply blinked, turning to watch a few Swellow in the sky. "Of course, I may not be able to be of much help, but I can teach you some stuff!" Almost immediately after he had said that, the male would launch forward, tackling Athena to the ground.

The Blaziken would release a squeak, landing quite roughly on her stomach. "That hurt!" Damien released a hearty laugh, lifting himself off of her. Backing up a few inches, the Swampert would heave himself onto his two hind legs, grabbing onto the female's legs. Lifting them upwards, he would hold them in such a way that she was performing a handstand with the help of her blue companion. Claws pressed against the ground, the blaze Pokémon would release a snort. "What are you doing?" she growled, glaring at the male. Needless to say, it felt odd being in such a position.

"You are doing a handstand!" he would happily respond, letting go of her legs. Backing away, the male gleefully observed her stance, nodding his head approvingly. "Yup. Now try it on your own." Flopping back onto her stomach, the fire-and-fighting type released an annoyed groan, rolling her eyes. The mud fish Pokémon released some form of a pleading whine. "Please?"

Rolling her eyes once more, Athena would try to perform another handstand, but ended up falling onto her stomach soon straight after she lifted her legs. "It's alright," Damien coached, placing himself in front of the female's head, "nobody gets it their first try!"

"I realize that!" she retorted, eyes narrowing slightly. After a few moments of lying there on her stomach, the Blaziken would try to handstand once more, but ultimately ended up failing for the second time. She attempted to land on her feet, but instead they only slipped, causing her to fall back on her stomach once more. "Ugh!" she groaned, casting a glare toward the Swampert. "Why am I doing this again?"

The male didn't respond, instead he only motioned forward with his cranium, slightly cocking his head to his left. Heaving an exasperated sigh, the fire-and-fighting type would try for the final time, and ended up succeeding. For a few moments she would remain in a handstand position, trembling slightly before falling backwards. Managing to place her feet firmly onto the ground, she would stretch out her arms, panting for breath slightly as she glared down at the water-and-ground type.