"You can go find him if you want, I don't want anything to do with him." I stood up ready to leave. The guy was like a child, leaving a mess wherever he went!

"You are not dismissed." Evelyn warned but didn't move to stop me.

"I'm not looking for him." I left the chapel fuming. Thunder sounded outside and the windows shook. 'Talk about perfect timing.' I sat on my bed shaking, there's no way I'm going after him! There has to be another way to stop this war! That good-for-nothing meat sack!

A knock sounded at my door and I woke with a start. I don't remember falling asleep, but whatever I dreamt made me pissed off to the point where my claws were out. Another knock sounded at the door. No way it'd be Evelyn, Thomas, or Andrea. That leaves Cleo, Damien, and Warden, and I wasn't about to take my chances. I wanted to be outside, in the pouring rain, washing away every last care I had left. But Mom would be pissed if she found out I was out there this late and in this particular season. I laughed at the thought while pulling out my phone and dialed the first number that came up.

Knock knock.

"No one's home!" I called out as the phone continued to ring. The storm had started to pass.

Knock knock.

I rolled my eyes and blocked it out. The line dropped so I searched for another number; I needed out! I dialed the only other 'outside' number in my phone, crossing my fingers that they'd answer.

"Hello?" Their voice was low and sluggish, "Hello?"

"Sam, it's Fay." He sighed, knowing what was coming next.

"Do you know what time it is?" He grumbled. I could hear him sit up and start changing into decent clothes.

" I'll be at the corner of 6th and Washington." I grinned slipping my boots on.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." He hung up and I slowly walked to the door. Bending down, I checked under the door to see if my visitor had left yet. Nope. And who else could it be other than the Warden himself! I took in a deep exasperated breath and collected my things, a few small weapons and my handgun.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asked through the door.

"What's it to you?" I growled, pulling on my jacket.

"You're not going anywhere." I heard the doorknob turn, but he was a tad too late. I jumped out the window into a full on sprint to the motorcycle. My hands wandered around until I found the key I hid; the engine roared to life. "Like I said, you're not going anywhere." Warden stood in front of me, gripping my hands under his own.

"Move it or lose it." I revved up the bike, probably waking up everyone in the church.

"You can't." His grip tightened, crushing my hands.

"Says who?!" I scoffed, the bike surged forward a few feet, Luke slid on the muddy floor but didn't let go.

"Me! You'll attract too many right now."

"Move!"

"No." He slammed his palm into my chest, throwing me off balance. He turned off the bike and stuffed the key into his pocket.

"Dammit Luke! I'm meeting someone right now, give me the key!"

"And I said you're not going, now get inside!"

"Screw you!" I hopped off the bike and ran, my eyes had adjusted to the night. So much like a wolf.

"Come here fleabag!" Warden sped after me, I could hear his boots squish in the mud behind me, closing in. 'Faster!!' I willed my legs, trying to draw out my true strength, but she did not want to come out.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled over my shoulder, but as I did, my foot caught on a fallen branch. My eyes widened as my body fell forward, "Sto-" I turned and tried to warn the idiot but he was too fast.

"Gotcha!" He growled as he tackled me in mid-air. The hard impact winded me the moment I hit the ground. I coughed and groaned, laying flat in the wet soil with a heavy warm body on top of me.

"Get off!" I muttered still out of breath; Warden lifted himself up slightly, but he stayed on enough to pin me to the floor.

"Like I said," He panted, "You're not going anywhere." The sky was clear now, revealing the twinkling stars that painted the night. The image before me was amazing and my cheeks subconsciously grew warm, a strange feeling spread all throughout my body. Luke's green eyes bore into mine with a new intensity that made me turn away.

"G..get off." My jaws clenched together in anger and embarrassment. His grip on my wrists loosened slightly but the rest of his body didn't budge.

"Fay." He spoke in a quieter voice but more stern. "Look at me." Luke ordered, but I couldn't meet his gaze.

"Dammit Luke! Get off!" I yelled, mentally cursing these hormones, or the wolf or whatever the hell was causing this.

"Not until you listen!" He returned just as forcefully. My head turned and I could only glare with lethal intention. The little patch of forest we found ourselves in held its breath along with me. I thanked God it was too dark for him to see my burning face.

"I don't care what you say, I need to go see someone." I managed to growl, my heart pounded in my ears, I was sure he could hear it too. I'm such an idiot.

"You're covered in mud now first of all, secondly whatever's going on with you right now is going to attract more wolves. Your scent will be stronger on top of the fact that you are seeking them out. All of that is only going to bring trouble. You need to stay inside."

"I know how to defend myself now, thank you very much. And for the record, the only one I'm looking to find is my friend, not a pack."

"The answer's still no." He replied flatly. I began to struggle again and his grip tightened. Attempting to buck him off, I pushed my hips up but it was a fail, making it seem like I was just trying to grind up against him. I heard a sharp intake of air, whether it was him or me I don't know. All I know was that my body caught fire.

"S..sorry, that's not what I m..meant to have happen." I couldn't speak, my brain started hazing over. 'No no no! Not right now.' My heart raced as I panicked, loud as a drum, amplified 100 time over.

"T..this is exactly why I can't let you out. They'll sniff you out in minutes." Emerald looked away and slid off. The warmth was gone, but his scent stuck to me, a light accent of allspice. As much as I wanted him to get away from me, something wanted him back. Needed him back.

"I need to get out of the house."

"You'll only cause trouble."

"Then come with me! I don't even care anymore I just want to get out!" We sat in the mud for what seemed like hours before he sighed.

"Fine. But when I say let's go, we go. No if, ands, or buts. Got it?" He stood up and towered over me. I tried looking as serious as I could,

"Got it, no butts." I saluted him before a smile broke out on my face. He shook his head as if to you, 'You're so immature.' Rising to me feet I frowned, my hair stuck to me and my clothes were heavy with mud. But there was no way I'd be able to shower and get back outside in one piece.

"Let's go then." Warden walked back to the motorcycle and started it.

~~~~~~~~
Ta-da! Here's the next chapter! Hope you guys are enjoying it. Comment, vote, both? >~O) Have an amazing day everyone!