New acquaintances and threats

Kara Danvers is our usual girl that works a lot and has no time to focus on things that are age related and yet Barry Allen can be a bit awkward when it comes to having fun but when he becomes The Flash he feels like he is in his game and is the same for Kara, she has being doing this Supergirl persona for 6 months now... And she has seen a weird yellow streak running around town lately...

"Damn I'm going to be late and i still need to get Ms. Grant's breakfast" Kara exclaimed while trying to find the strength to get up from the bed

"Another day at CatCo media, these just keeps getting and better" Kara took her time to change and she decided to not have breakfast at her place but instead going to Starbucks"

At Starbucks

While i arrived at the ordering station i saw a gigantic line of customers that were waiting to get their orders taken, i saw that the cashier was an elderly man who still has the spirit to wake up in the morning and get to work, but his age is the problem, i think he should be at home resting and having fun with stuff.

When i finally got to the counter a different person was there it was not the elderly man, in his place was a cute boy, probably around 24 or 25 years old.

"Hi miss my name is Barry Allen and I'll be the person to take your order, now what would you like to have for breakfast?" Barry asked Kara as she was looking through the specials of today and the combos that are at display.

"I would like to order an grilled cheese sandwich, a cheesesteak double and two lattes to go please" Kara thought that at least it would keep her from going famish til lunch time which for her was at 5pm thanks to Ms. Grant and Barry thought of this girl as cute.

"Is that all you want to order miss...?" he asked her name noticing how beautiful she is

"What did you say?" Kara was running late and her boss would make pay for this

"I didn't get your name" Barry explained why he wanted to know her name as he flashed her one of his smiles

"My name? Is Kara Danvers" she laughed nervously "my name is Kara Danvers and yours is?"

"Barry Allen, nice to meet you Kara" Barry greeted her with a big grin on his face

"It's nice to meet you too Barry"

"The check is 23.78 bucks" Kara was astonished by this man, he was so funny

"Oh right, here you go"

She paid off the breakfast amd wondered if she should go there more often to see Barry, but Cat was not going to allow that as long Kara works for her.

At CatCo:

"Come on please, hurry up I'm running so late" she begged the elevator to function correctly but it wouldn't comply to her pleas.

"Oh damn it, I'll have to take the stairs"
She turned around and saw Barry once again and approached him

"Hey Barry what are you going here?" Kara was certainly now curious. "I'm here for the web designer technician, and i was supposed to have an appointment with Cat..."

"Grant?" she completed his sentence

"Yes how did you know?" she had caught his curiosity as well

"Because i work here too" Barry had no words. "I've been told that she is so bossy, is that true?"

"Yes she is bossy, at times when she really wants something done quickly and done right"

"Oh man how do you put up with her?" That was a thing everyone in the building asked themselves

"I just do it, i pretend she is not mean and i get through the work days easily"

"That must be some serious self control to avoid getting mad at her for making you lose it"

"Let's take the elevator" he stretched from all the running

"The elevator won't work properly, how about we take the stairs and go up to your interview" Kara was nervous she really likes Barry and wants to be friends with him and maybe more

They went together towards the stairs and while on their way up, they found out that they have a lot of things in common with each other and that just made both like each other more, like the music they often listened to or the movies that they are fans of like Star Wars or series like Minority Report or the blind lawyer that helps the innocent, and the fact that they have the same tastes on food.

"So you like Daughtry, Nickelback, Nirvana and Linkin Park?" Barry wondered because he heard Kara humming the intro of Losing my mind that is performed by Daughtry as they climbed the as it seemed never ending stairs, "Yeah i like those bands, because their tunes are catchy and some talk about loss and problems and also about happiness.

"How do you know these artists?" And Kara answered "I know about them thanks to my older sister Alex, i was looking for some stuff in our bedroom and i accidentally found her phone with her music playing and i was curious about her tastes in music, which kinda amazed me"

"Oh here our floor" Suddenly in the speaker hung up on the corner of the wall said 'To all maintenance crew please head towards the elevator shaft for damage report and issue fixing and somebody contact the company's technician'

Barry got ahead of her and opened the door allowing her to enter the premises first "Ladies first" he waved his hand as he held the door for her to enter"

"Such a gentleman" she blushed at his kind and caring behaviour and his irresistible smile

"Kira! Come i need you to run some errands for me" Miss Grant ordered Kara to meet her at the office and Barry followed her

"Yes miss Grant, what can i do for you?"

"I need you to bring me a Caesar salad and a latte and the lastest news report of our quad rotor drone or MK-246"

"The salad it's going to take a while, I'm going to check on Winn for that report, oh and this is Barry Allen for the web designer technician"

"Who? Anyway you're hired we need all the help we can get"

"Seriously thank you for this opportunity Ms. Grant" he was happy and proud of himself but he owes everything to Kara who made him present to Cat

"Yeah now head out of my office and search for Winn" he was confused yet happy 'who could be Winn?'

"Winn is right there Barry" Kara pointed towards her desk and and the one in front of hers, while Barry approached him

"Hi my name is Barry Allen and I'm here for the web designer position" he introduced himself to Win

"Yeah nice to meet you Barry my name is Winn" they greeted each other in a good hand shake

Winn approached Kara and told her that Livewire was wreaking havoc in Downtown "Livewire is causing trouble at Downtown near the coffe shop you like" Barry heard as well and just like Kara he excused himself to change into his Flash persona and attend that trouble maker girl.

"Just another Tuesday for us" simultaneously both said as they were preparing to head towards danger and trouble.

Downtown:

"Supergirl come out come out pf where your hiding" Livewire was provoking National City's superheroine but she didn't know that someone else was coming to fight her.

"Man she's a fake, i mean i don't think that she is any threat" While finishing his sentence Flash saw Supergirl landing in the roof where he was standing "who are you?" Supergirl asked the red clad person, he replied "I'm The Flash" he said as his muscles vibrated at super speed making his face almost a blur.

"Shall we go and stop her?" he asked

"Here we go but we need a plan"

Here's where the chapter ends, want more?
Let me know in the comments section below...