24- Girly Night

One month later

Elena's POV

"Elena, you ready yet?" That was the second time Caroline had called up to me in the last few minutes and by the sound of it, she was growing inpatient.
"Yes, I'm coming!" I called back, agitated that I was being made to rush. Tonight I was spending the night with Caroline and Bonnie, along with Bethany and Isabella. Even though Stefan said he'd take the girls, I refused and said that he needed to have a relax too. Plus, I had to be with Bethany to feed her since she was still so young. Klaus and Damon were going to stay over with Stefan so that they could have a guys' night whilst we had our girly night.
I wasn't going to lie but lately I've been pretty stressed out. We've started organising the wedding, which was adding to the stress of looking after two children under the age of two all day. I did feel bad since my temper has been a little short with everyone because of the pressure I've been under. I knew Stefan's been stressed too but he always tried to hide it, hoping that I wouldn't notice, but I did. Even though we were both stressed out, we knew it was for a good cause and that we couldn't be happier. I let out a sigh of tiredness but also frustration as I continued to pack Bethany's things. Before I knew it I felt a warm presence behind me and strong but gentle arms wrap around my waist. Stefan's chin rested on my shoulder as he gave me a light kiss on my neck. I had to admit, his lips on my neck were like a match made in heaven.
"Why so tense baby?" His breath on my skin made my skin tingle.
"I'm just stressed, with everything going on I-," I started but stopped since I knew Stefan understood.
"I know, honey. Planning a wedding and looking after two kids on no sleep is hard. Which is why I want you to have a good time tonight." He carefully tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear, making me turn my head a little. He softly smiled.
"I don't want you to think that I hate planning this wedding, because I really don't. I just want it to be perfect," I said looking down slightly, still in his comforting embrace.
"I know you don't, we all know you don't. I think we're all a little on edge which is why we organise things like girly nights, so that you can relax for once." He smiled and kissed my cheek gently after he finished consoling me.
"I love you so much," I said as I leaned my head back to rest against his chest.
"I love you too, more than you'll ever know," he replied, lightly kissing my temple. I smiled into his chest, the thought of having Stefan with me for the rest of my life made me tingle with excitement.
"You go downstairs and relax and I'll finish with Isabella and Bethany's things," he smiled before taking over the packing.
"Okay." Both of us knew I was in no mood to pack. I left and came downstairs to be greeted by Caroline's apologetic face.
"I could tell by the sound of your voice that you were getting agitated. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you stressed. You know what I'm like," she said, a smile starting to slowly form.
"It's okay, you're not the one making me stressed, I think it's just everything that's going on," I smiled back before bringing her into a hug.
I sudden felt two arms wrap around my legs. "Mummy!" Isabella called. We both looked down and smiled at her, she was such an adorable little girl. I picked her up and gently rested her against my hip.
"You're growing up so fast, Isabella!" Caroline exclaimed enthusiastically to Isabella, who giggled and shyly laid her head on my chest.
"You'll always be mummy and daddy's little girl," I said, placing a light kiss on the cheek.
Stefan came down a few minutes later with our bags so we were all ready to go now.
"Have a good time and have fun! I love you," he said before our lips met in a short but sweet kiss.
"I will. Make sure you have a nice time also. I love you." I wanted Stefan to relax and have a nice time with Damon and Klaus, he's been pretty stressed out too.
"I will," he replied before he gave Isabella and Bethany a kiss goodbye.
I put Isabella down and took her hand as I carried Bethany out of the door and to Caroline's house. I've always hated leaving Stefan, I hated not having his hugs before we went to bed, not hearing him read Isabella a bedtime story, not being in his arms when I woke up. Stefan did so much for this family and I honestly couldn't describe how much I loved him. It upset me to think that I couldn't tell him how much I loved him because there was no physical measurement for that quantity.
"Earth to Elena!" I heard and instantly snapped out of my thoughts to notice we were in their living room. I must've been too deep into my thoughts to even realise that we had arrived at their house.
"Hm?" I asked as I saw Caroline in front of me.
"You zoned out, everything okay?" She asked as she placed all of our things down and to the side.
"Yeah, I'm good, great in fact." She smiled before turning to face Bonnie as well as myself.
"Well then, let's get this girly day started!" Immediately Bethany was taken out of my hands and everyone settled down to enjoy our peaceful girly day.