Deal

Back at camp:

"You find any water yet?" Someone called out.

"No, not yet," Wells rejected, turning around and saw that it was from the same two guys that he previously encounter earlier.

Clarke said that their names were John Murphy and John Mbege and warned him to steer clear of them, that they were trouble. Wells wasn't afraid of them, but he decided to try the less hostile approach. "Im going back out again if you want to come."

Looking past them, Wells saw what they had scratched into the side of the drop ship with a piece of metal that Murphy had made into a knife.

FIRST SON, FIRST TO DYE

Murphy sneered. "You know, my father begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him," he said.

Well wasn't afraid, he was angry. Murphy was a thug with a grudge and a vendetta, and his friend, Mbege, would go along with whatever he did.

Wells knew that he could take one or two guys like them in a real fight - he was top of his class in hand-to-hand combat in officer training. But down here, there was one of him and 90 of them.

"You spelled die wrong, geniuses," he replied back instead, trying to keep his anger in check as he pushed past them.

He headed out of camp again in search for water, Murphy and Mbege glared in anger, promising burned in their eyes as they watched him walk.

Bellamy watched the whole thing play out before finally walking up to them.

"If you're going to kill someone, it's probably best not to announce it," Bellamy said to Murphy and Mbege.

"You're not really a member of the guard are you?" Mbege scoffs, giving him a once over.

"No, I'm not," said Bellamy, answering his question. "The real guard will be down here soon enough, unless we stop them."

"Stop them?" This time Murphy answered.

"You don't really think they're going to forgive your crimes do you?" Bellamy asked, rhetorically. "Even if they do, guys like us, are we gonna become model citizens now? Get jobs? If we're lucky, maybe pick up their trash."

"What's your point?" Murphy asked impatiently.

"My point is this: they locked you up, and then dumped you down here like lab rats to die. So why are you helping them?"

"The hell we are!" Mbege said angrily.

"You're wearing those bracelets aren't you?" Bellamy gestured to their wristbands, the plan in his head finally being put into action.

"Right now those things are telling the Ark whether or not it's safe to come down."

"OK, you said we could stop them," Murphy said, "How?"

"Take them off. The Ark will think you're dead, that it's not safe to follow. You follow?"

"So, say we did," asked Danny "What's in it for us?"

Bellamy grinned, "Someone's got to help me run things."

"If we help you....I'm going to need something in return." Murphy stated after a thought crossed his mind.

"What do you know about a girl: blonde hair, blue green eyes, short and maybe ten to eleven years old."