Drunken Confession

Sitting on the corner, legs crossed, eyes shut and head resting on the cold wall.

"You okay?" Jaebum asked as he sat beside Jinyoung.

"Yeah,"

"Liar,"

"I'm just a little nervous Jae. I can't help it. It's been ages since I last danced in front of the crowd," Jinyoung admitted with eyes still closed.

Today's the day of their competition and they were currently waiting backstage. The program has started already and they were up to perform after 2 more groups and Jinyoung just can't hide his nervousness.

"It'll be fine Nyoung. Stop worrying too much, okay?" Jaebum assured him as he patted the younger's shoulder. Jinyoung just sighed heavily telling his self that everything will be over soon.

"Can I ask you something?" Jaebum blurted out of nowhere. His eyes still studying the unmoving figure of Jinyoung.

"What now Jae?" Jinyoung replied. He honestly wants to be left alone right now so he can calm himself before they perform.

"What's going on between you and Mark?" Jaebum finally asked. He's been wanting to ask the younger about it but he didn't have the opportunity to do so in the previous days.

Not this again. I refuse to talk about this now. Please.

Jinyoung released a heavy sigh. "Nothing. Nothing's going on," the younger answered with eyes still closed.

"Exactly Nyoung. Nothing, as in nothing is happening between you two. You guys used to talk a lot, he often teased you about being nerdy and you often help him with his lessons in class but now you two don't even greet each other. When he walked in, you excuse yourself. You guys don't look in each other's direction," Jaebum explained voice sounded almost like a whine. "Care to explain that to me Park Jinyoung?"

This wasn't the first time Jinyoung has heard this. Their other friends have asked him the same thing as well. Who wouldn't? Ever since that night Mark has kissed him, both of them were avoiding each other like a plague. Mark who has always been protective towards Jinyoung has suddenly distanced himself from him. They even refuse to go home together even though their houses were just on the same way.

Are we really that obvious? Geez. Tuan this was all your fault!

Jinyoung thought but he still refused to give Jaebum an answer so he remained silent. Luckily for him they were called by the organizer coz it's their turn to perform next. Jaebum sighed then he tugged Jinyoung to stand which made the latter almost fell over from the sudden pull.

"Where not yet done with this Jinyoung. You better explain it to me later," Jaebum firmly said as he dragged the other towards the rest of their friends

Soon they found themselves on stage. The lights were still off as they waited while the hosts were still introducing their group. Jinyoung's heart was beating like a drum. Loud cheers echoed throughout the hall but Jinyoung could hear none of it.

Ya Park Jinyoung! Calm yourself you idiot, you're about to perform already. He was breathing heavily as he tried to convince himself that everything will be fine, that he will be able to pull through this performance.

Just when he was fighting the urge to turn his back and storm out of the stage he felt a warm hand slowly finding his sweaty ones and intertwining them. Jinyoung immediately stiffens. Of course he knew whose hand was it. There was only one guy right behind him at the beginning of the song and that guy of course was also the reason of his dread for the past few days.