Chapter 9

Ross pov
When Rocky told me what happened with Ratliff I was sad. Ratliff was like a brother from another mother to me. He may have broken Rydel's heart, but I still care for him. Ever since mom and d- Stormie and Mark left its been quite around here.

Right now I am walking upstairs to Rydel's room to get her, so we can go to the hospital. Last time I went to the hospital was when Ryland was born, and that was a while ago.

I get to her door and softly knocked. There was no answer. I knock again no answer. I knock one more time and the door opens a little on its own.

Ok, can I say creepy.

I walk in and see nobody there. Her window is open, so I go and close it. I look at Rydel's bed and see a note.

Dear boys,
I hope you know I love you even if you don't love me back.
I decided to end my life forever.
I love you guys forever and always.
If you want to know where I am look out my window look down and say bye.
-Delly

I had tears rolling down my face. I start walking towards her window. I put my hands on the top and pull up. I whisper, "Bye" then look down. I see Delly with a pool of blood around her head.

I run to Riker and Rocky's room and see them getting ready to go the hospital for Ellington.

I stand there till I am able to choke out, "Delly."

"Where is she?" Riker says worried obviously from seeing my tears.

I just run out of there room and head downstairs. I run outside to the side of the house to see her laying the in her blood. I hear footsteps behind me. Then I hear gasps. I turn around to see tears building up in Rocky and Riker's eyes.

"Call 9-1-1." I choke out.

Rocky gets on the phone with help. I hope she is going to be okay.

Kelly pov
Right now I am in the hospital waiting room. Ell is in surgery. (A/n wow it just hit me, my book is depressing af) I am scared he will go into a coma.

The reason I told them I was his girlfriend was because...

OMG IS THAT RYDEL!!

She gets pulled into the E.R. Minutes later Rocky, Ross, and Riker walk in with tense looks. They spot me and start heading my way.

"What
I see a building up. I slowly start to walk towards the building. Everything around it is white. Once I reach the building I hesitate to open the door.

I open it to see Ell on a stage. I walk a little closer and he starts to talk.

"Hi Rydel."

"Hey."

"I need to talk to you."

"Me too. You go first."

"Ok, do you remember that promise that I made with you when we had first started dating? I said I would never hurt you." I nodded remembering that day like it was yesterday,"Well I still keep that promise."

"Do you not get? You already did hurt me. You chose Kelly. Listen here Ellington. Promises are meant to be broken. Promises mean everything, but once they are broken sorry means nothing. You broke your promise, so you broke my trust. (A/n can I just say preach!) Why, why cheat. What the fuck did I do to you? I did nothing, nothing and you just threw me away like trash. You treat me like a pice of shit and I am for sure done with your crap."

He gets off the stage and walks towards me. I walk right passed him to the stage. I start to sing.

"Jar Of Hearts"

I know I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

And it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
Tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

Who do you think you are?

By now tears are streaming down my face.

"I hate when you lie. I hate when you tell me something that isn't true and never will be. I hate that I still have feelings for you, but I don't want to be with you. I hate that you make promises just to break them."

Ellington's pov
I know she is right. I don't like that she is right, but I know she is.

I don't know what I was doing but I started running toward her until...

I kissed her and everything went black.

_________________________________________________

Hey

So how was that?☺️

Vote comment share😋

Luv u😍,
Jada Lynch😘