Leo relaxed up against the wall, letting his hands drop. Against my inner desires I looked away just at the right moment. Well I might have been a couple seconds late.

"That's your dog," he whispered, fear still laced in his voice.

I kept my attention on Caesar who was now on his back, begging for a tummy rub at my feet as I answered him. "Who's else would he be?"

"I don't know," he exclaimed incredulously. A second later the sound of skin slapping skin reverberated the room. I knew it was his hands probably slapping his thighs but gosh dang it if it didn't make the dark dusty cave I had come alive. "But I sure as hell wasn't expecting a dog half my size to try to bite off my balls this morning!"

I couldn't help but giggle. "I've trained him well."

"That dog could kill a man!"

I looked back at Leo, making sure I kept my eyes above his neck. It worked for the most part.

"That's the point." Leo's eyes widened considerably while he thought over my words. I sighed, shaking my head in amusement. "He's not only a killer though. Watch this." I turned back to Caesar and gave him a command while pointing in Leo's direction.

Caesar happily got up and retrieved the fallen towel on the floor and gave it back to Leo, his tail wagging the entire time. Leo gave me a look of utter confusion and surprise before hesitantly taking the towel from Caesar's mouth.

"Um thanks," he mumbled, wrapping the lucky piece of fabric around himself.

"You should probably pet him, let him know you trust him."

Leo swallowed before slowly running his hand over my dogs back. Caser did his favorite thing and leaned into him, nearly knocking Leo back into the wall. Leo chuckled and rubbed him harder, making Caesar howl in pleasure.

Eventually Leo looked up from me, his eyes a brighter blue than they usually are. "Can I ride him into battle?"

...

After rushing to get ready for work which included in me falling out of the shower and landing on my face Leo let me in on a little secret.

"It's Sunday."

I glared as he laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. Of course he didn't think about telling me this until I ready to run out the door, high heels in hand and my bag falling off my shoulder. He simply stood there in a t-shirt and sweats with a coffee mug in hand as I ordered for him to hurry up so we wouldn't be late to work.

"I know you're the boss and everything but I have actual stuff to do first thing in the morning which consists of me being there on time. So can you please get your ass into a suit or something and let's go."

Leo couldn't hold back his laugh anymore as he told me exactly what day it was and let me know that I was utterly and completely stupid.

"Well F this than," I yelled and dropped my shoes on the ground. "I'm going back to bed. Come on Caesar."

"Wait," Leo exclaimed, making me stop in my tracks and turn around. "Can he stay down here with me? I was going to go on a run later today around the back yard, maybe he can come?"

I laughed. "If you can keep up with him go ahead."

"How can I not," he asked as I climbed the stairs. "He weighs almost two hundred pounds. It'll slow him down!" I laughed. "Right?"

I shook my head in response but he still didn't listen.

Three hours later after I had woken up from my nap I wandered into the kitchen the same time Leo stumbled in through the back door, Caesar at his heels. I laughed out loud at his appearance, Leo's, not Caesar's.