13

It's been four days since Adrik found me at an underground fight that I shouldn't have been in the first place. It's been four days since I've heard from Adrik, strangely enough. And it's been exactly thirty two seconds since I've wanted to throttle Leo Stavros.

Naturally I wanted to strangle, main, kill, torture Leo one week ago when he proved to me how much of an idiot he truly is. I get the same every so often now, basically whenever I hear his name being uttered.

How has he not been cornered by dare I say my ex fiancé, I don't know. How has he not run in the other direction, preferably south to the Amazon, I don't either. And how the hell has Adrik Krupin not found me yet?

I have no fucking clue.

I dial Leo's number once again, letting the worse ideas run through my head.  Maybe Adrik did find him, that's why he's not answering his stupid phone or why he isn't here already.

"What do you want Ivory," his annoyed voice fills my ear but not through the ear piece.

I looked aside to see Leo sitting in the back of a limo, his tinted window rolled all the way down and a scowl etched onto his lips.

"You're ten minutes late," I growled, picking up my suitcase and heading towards the trunk.

"What else do you expect," he asked, rolling his window back up before I could order for his help.

I grumbled the entire time as I loaded the suitcase into the back of the stretch limo. How am I going to survive three days with Mr. Idiot Cranky Pants over here? I let my mind wander to the possibility of leaving him in Wyoming or feeding him to a cow.

When I slid into the back of the limo with Leo I noticed that he's very tuned into his pad on his wrist. His scowl deepened with every click he made.

"Do you ever smile," I asked curiously, finally letting the question slip.

He only raised an eyebrow, looked at me sparsely then went back to whatever he was doing on his pad. After five minutes of him roughly touching his screen and hearing him cuss four times I leaned over and looked at what he was hiding from me.

"Are you serious," I asked shocked, trying to hide my smile.

"Get away from me," he growled, leaning away. "You're going to make me mess up."

"I don't know what's worse, that you're playing a game or that you're so bad at it?"

Finally he looked up to glare at me. "Oh yeah? Play against me then, let's see who's better."

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the pad on my own wrist. "Fine, let's say whoever wins gets the window seat."

I downloaded the game that he was playing. It was one that I didn't recognize but I had my bets that Leo didn't grow up with an older brother who competed with you at everything.

Twenty minutes later as we pulled up to the private air strip Leo and I were yelling at each other like I used to with Isaiah.

"You suck," I scolded.

"No I don't," he argued. "You're the one who keeps dying!"

"That's you idiot!"

"Do you want to get fired? I'm so damn close to firing your ass."

"You couldn't live without me," I said as the door popped open, letting the cold November air in.

"We will finish this later," he promised, not at all happy about the prospect of my beating him eleven times in a row.