Hello, Stranger

She was quite ready to be fallen in love with. -Jane Austen

Just as the clock hit 7:30 they pulled up to a fancy Italian restaurant with a valet in downtown Phoenix. Selina sucked in a deep breath to calm her nerves before opening the car door and carefully stepping out with her best friends just behind her. As they walked up to the door she caught a glimpse of herself and she was amazed at what she saw. She hardly recognized herself in the tight, navy blue dress and leather jacket, with makeup worthy of a red carpet event, and her hair in the curly up-do that she had thrown together in a matter of seconds, but her fringe was styled just perfectly so that it gave her an etherial look.

"Hi, how can I help you tonight?" the hostess asked Grandpa Jimmy

"Reservation for seven at 7:30 for Jim Kyle" Grandpa smiled.

"Ah, yes, the rest of your party is already seated. Follow me this way" She smiled walking further into the restaurant.

As they grew closer to the back of the restaurant Selina caught a glimpse of Michael and was about to turn and run when she felt Clark's hand on her back to stop her

As they grew closer to the back of the restaurant Selina caught a glimpse of Michael and was about to turn and run when she felt Clark's hand on her back to stop her. She looked at him as he gave her a warm, reassuring smile that told her everything was going to be alright. She took another deep breath and nodded continuing the rest of the way to the table.

"Barbara, it's great to see you again after so many years!" Grandma Nicole exclaimed hugging Aunt Barbara.

"It's great to see you again, too!" Barbara smiled, "Jimmy, you never told me how beautiful your granddaughter truly is!"

"Words don't do her justice, Barb" Grandpa smiled sending a wink towards Selina.

"Hi, I'm Selina and theses are my best friends Clark and Pamela" Selina smiled confidently as she extended her hand to give Barbara a handshake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you finally, you're grandfather speaks highly of the three of you. This is Mike" Barbara smiled back, placing her hand on Michael's back.

"Pleasure to meet you, and might I say you look stunning" Mike smiled as he shook Selina's hand.

"Um, thank you" Selina smiled shyly as she took her seat, and felt her heart warm in her chest at his comment.