Our Last Days

Perseverance: steadfast in doing something despite difficulty.

"How are you feeling?" Selina asked on the day of the Academy Awards.

"I'm tired, but I'm excited to experience this with you," Mamita Nicole smiled as the makeup artist finished her glam.

"I love the dress you chose, Miss Nicole," Julia smiled as she pulled the gowns out of their dress bags, "It is going to look stunning on you."

"Thank you, Julia," Mamita smiled as she stood to get into the dress, "What made you do locks, Mi Rosa?"

"I may have disowned Alex and that part of the family, but I still want to honor my heritage. And if someone has shit to say about it, I'm not afraid to put them in their place" Selina smiled as she finished her light makeup.

As Selina went to stand to get into her dress, Dany came into the main bedroom of their hotel with Michael and Donna. Michael hadn't seen the dresses that Selina and Nicole had chosen yet; he didn't even know about Selina's hair. She had wanted her whole look to be a surprise, and Selina and Nicole stayed at a hotel near the awards show. Michael's smile said it all as he saw Selina's locks carefully pinned to frame her face.

"Wait! You've seen too much! Michael, go back in the living room!" Julia exclaimed, knowing that Selina wanted her final look to be a surprise

"What? No, I want to see!" Michael argued, not having seen the dresses from where he was standing.

"Michael..." Nicole warned from behind the dressing screen.

"Fine!" he exclaimed, sulking out of the room.

A few minutes later, Nicole and Selina came out of the master bedroom fully dressed and looking like absolute visions. Michael sucked in a breath of surprise when he finally saw Selina. He couldn't help imagining her on their wedding day as she emerged in a stunning white silk gown. Michael saw a corset built into the bodice and admired how the off-the-shoulder neckline accentuated Selina's shoulders. To Mike, Selina looked soft and feminine, like the woman he wanted to marry.

"You look amazing," Michael breathed with a goofy smile, "You both do

"You look amazing," Michael breathed with a goofy smile, "You both do."

"Thank you, Baby" Selina smiled as she put her earrings and bracelet on.