Silver Lining

Let yourself be enchanted.

"Hello, everyone. My lack of energy will make sense in a little bit, but I wanted to take some time to make a short video for my subscribers." Selina sighed as she sat on the floor in the bathroom, "I am going to be away from YouTube for a few weeks, possibly for a month. For the past few months, my family has been privately mourning my grandmother. Mamita Nicole was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. A few days before this, Mamita lost her fight with cancer and passed away in her sleep. Thank you, guys, in advance for your condolences and well wishes. I love y'all, and I'll see you in a few weeks."

Selina didn't bother to do any editing and posted the video straight to YouTube with the title "Our Secret Pain" and slowly got off the bathroom floor. The following day would be Mamita's viewing before she was cremated and the family flew to Key West, where her grandparents had honeymooned. Michael slipped into their bathroom, where he knew Selina was hiding out. He could see that she was tired and heartbroken, and this was the first time in almost a week they'd been home.

"Do you want to go home?" Michael asked

"We are home," Selina replied in confusion.

"To California," he smiled, sitting in front of her.

"Can we stay in the Keys for a while? Mamita loved it there. Grandpa almost bought them a house down there," she asked.

"Anything you want," Michael smiled.

"Can you go get sushi?" Selina asked suddenly.

"I'll order every roll on the menu," he smiled, jumping up.

"I'm gonna take a bath while you're gone," she nodded, getting some of Michael's energy.

"Sounds good, and Julia already packed our bags for Key West for the time with the family," Michael smiled, standing in the doorway.

"I'll pack more stuff for after," Selina nodded, "How long can we go?"

"Dany cleared our schedules for the next two months." he grinned, "I'll book us a place for a month and then when we come back, we can look for OUR place in California during the end of our time off."

"I like that idea," she nodded, starting the water.

Michael wasn't kidding when he said he'd order every roll on the menu as he stepped into a Yogi's down the street from his apartment. The cashier looked at Michael like he had lost his mind as the kid processed the order. When Michael returned almost a half hour later with 19 sushi rolls, Selina was still in the tub watching the sky through the glass ceiling.

 When Michael returned almost a half hour later with 19 sushi rolls, Selina was still in the tub watching the sky through the glass ceiling