2

2

Eva's pov

They say time passes by way too fast and I always used to think that they were just not enjoying the time tey had but now I understood. It's been almost three years since I broke up with Demi -I stopped counting it after a year. In the beginning it was pretty hard for me. It was because of her that I came out and had to give up my family. Demi was all I had at that time. I took the job at the hospital I had my internship at and stayed in Texas for a while. I tried to pick up my life again and not think about Demi that much, which was hard considering she was a celebrity and posed on the tabloids all the time. I think I was kind of lost, but that was only until I met Stella.

It was a year ago. I was having a night shift at the hospital when she came in after an appendix operation and she couldn't sleep so I stayed with her and we talked all night. I got obsessed with her blue eyes and her beautiful blonde curls. After she was released we went on a date and then another date and another one and another one, until she asked me to be her girlfriend. I said yes without any hesitation, Demi wasn't even on my mind. After a few months I decided to move in with her in Chicago, Illinois. I gave up my job at the hospital and found another one in Lemont, a suburb of Chicago. It was at a rehab centre called Timberline Knolls and I absolutely loved it there. I think this was the reason I became a nurse, to help people who couldn't help themselves anymore. But the patients there reminded me a lot of Demi. After Stella and I became a couple I almost forgot her but now I kept wondering what would have happened to me and Demi if she had decided to go to rehab when I gave her that choice years ago. 

"Are you already awake?" Stella's morning voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah, gotta work at 9am" I smiled down at her and pecked her lips.

I did have to go to work in a bit more than an hour and I liked to wake up slowly, especially since I knew I would get a new patient today. All of us ,nurses, have three patients under our wings. Currently I only got two because one was released a few days ago but yesterday I got a message saying a new patient had arrived and I had to take care of her. I liked having new patients, but it was tiring since they were mostly forced to go to rehab and they were very closed so it was always hard getting to know them the first few days.

"I have a free day today, you know" Stella said "Should I cook dinner our shall we go out tonight?"

"Just cook, okay? It's gonna be a hard day at work so I like to just be at home with you after that."

"Okay" Stella got closer to me and started kissing my jaw. Me ,knowing what she was planning, turned away from her. "I really gotta go to work"

I went to the shower, not waiting for her answer. I turned on the water and let my thoughts go free. There was a reason I did not want to have sex Stella right now. A few days ago my phone rang and I ,of course, accepted the call. I said my name and the caller said her name too: Demi. I immediately recognized her voice and hung up. After that she she called three more times and I decided not to take it but she was constantly on my mind. Ever since her call I kept comparing Stella to her and that's why I couldn't have sex with her. I would compare it to having sex with Demi and nothing could outdo sex with a former stripper, right?

I turned of the shower and while I brushed my teeth I realized I had wasted the past 10 minutes by thinking about Demi.

Suddenly two arms were wrapped around my waist. "Good luck at work today, honey"

I spit out my toothpaste and turned around to kiss Stella's lips before she got into the shower.

I went to work After eating breakfast and drinking my morning coffee. I walked into the treatment centre after I was fully checked by the securiy, just like evey other morning. 

"Good morning, Eva. I would like to talk to you about your new patient." I followed Alicia to her office "Sit down. You know that I normally trust my nurses with every patient but your new patient is a celebrity and ,as you know, we don't care about what kind of people we have here but I do not want to hear anything about her treatment in the media. Understood?"

"Yeah, of course" I nodded.

"Good I didn't expect differently. I'm glad she's under your wings" Alicia added.

I smiled and walked towards the door, ready to go to work.

"It's Demi Lovato, by the way"

My heart dropped a beat and my hand was struck on the doorknob as Alicia's words sank in. "D-demi?" I stuttered.

"Yeah? Is that a problem?"

"Well, Demi and I kind of have a history."

"No family connection, right?"

"No" I answered, knowing where this was going to. If it was no family it didn't matter.

"It's ok then. Go to work and wake Demi up, she needs to eat breakfast."

I nodded, knowing there's nothing I could do against it. I walked out the door and within minutes I was standing in front of another door. The door of the girl I used to be in love with. The girl I broke up with because she didn't go to rehab finally faced her addictions, 3 years to late. I had moved on but now that I entered her room and saw her lying in her bed ,her back facing me, I knew she still had my heart.

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for reaction so positive on this sequel!!! Really makes me happy (: