Chapter 41 - Preparations

A/N

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

   I hope you are having a wonderful day, and a restful christmas break, like me because I am not going to lie: college is a pain in the ass. 

Enjoy you flawless people! :) 

***

CHAPTER 41 - PREPARATIONS 

   A couple of days later I found myself having a very busy week, one of the "cons" of being the school's president.

  The school trip to Rome was just a couple of weeks away and the travel schedule still wasn't ready. So obviously it was my responsibility to call the rest of the student council so we could find ideas and activities to do in Rome and then come in contact with the travel agency to see if we could accomplish our ideas.

The process itself wasn't obviously easy and it was ten times worse now that half the students disagreed with each other.

"We need to visit as many sights and museums as possible." Kylie Lytton, a junior, repeated for the hundredth time above all the noise "Just imagine how much that will help us with our finals and let's not forget colleges give a lot of credit for AP Europe history."

   Finn, a senior, free spirited, tall, skinny guy with shoulder length messy blonde hair, who was always seen around the school reading anarchist books and helping Jobeth with her protests, groaned loudly, not afraid to show his disagreement "I doubt that seeing the Colosseum will help you in AP Euro or to take more credit. We are learning about the Italian Renaissance not the dimensions of the Colosseum. We are only visiting these places because this is considered an educational trip."

"The only renaissance I know about." Annabelle whispered from beside me "It's Anastasia's Beverly Hills modern renaissance palette."

Kylie crossed her arms over her chest annoyed and glared at him through her big modern framed glasses "And what are you suggesting to do? Not visit any museums at all and just spend our time in Rome laying down in fields and stare at the sky, while being high as kites?"

Finn pretended to laugh "Hilarious. Was that supposed to be an insult? Should I cry?"

"Guys, please stop arguing." I cut them off "I get that we are all tired and bored but can we please focus so we can get the trip schedule ready?" I sighed tired "You know what? Let's just take a break and meet at the cafeteria to continue alright?"

  There were a couple of groans and hums that seemed like agreements before everyone got up from their seats and walked out of the empty classroom towards the cafeteria as the bell rang signaling it was lunch time. 

  "Remind me again why Kylie Lytton is on the student council." Annabelle said as we stepped out of the classroom. "I rather die than visit every single sight Rome has. No offense to Rome but Finn is right."

I rolled my eyes "You are only saying that because you like Finn Annabelle."

She scoffed "Can you blame me? He is so hot like."

"Right."

  We entered the cafeteria and waited in the line to get served. The unstoppable planning of the trip was starting to get into me and I felt pressured and anxious all the time. If I didn't eat and drink coffee anytime soon I think I would pass out.

As we were walking back to our table I made a stop at Ryder's since I hadn't really see him the past couple of days.

"Hello." I greeted everyone on his table.

Everybody turned to look at me with their biggest, teasing smiles "Hi Chloe." They all sang in union, making Ryder shake his head in disbelief and roll his eyes.

I stood there taken aback for a moment, my amused smile not leaving my face "That was..." I searched for the right word "Weird."

They all laughed, including Ryder who put an arm over my waist while still sitting down on his seat "They know." He simply just said, meeting my eyes.

"Oh." I simply just said.

Jared smirked "And we are just so touched our little Ryder finally grew up." He said sarcastically, pretending to wipe a fake tear from the corner of his eye.

Ryder glared at him "Shut the fuck up or else I'm breaking up with her."

My head snapped towards Jared "Shut up Jared." I joked making everyone laugh.

Ryder patted the empty chair next to him "Sit with us babe."

I shook my head and gave him an apologetic look "Sorry I can't. I still have a lot of planning to do for the trip."

Mel squealed and it was the first time I've ever heard her making such noise and probably so the rest of the guys because we all turned to look at her taken aback.

"What?" she defended herself "I'm just really excited. I didn't give three thousand for nothing."

"True," Jared piped in "When is it again? In two weeks?"

Mel looked down at her phone "Two weeks, fourteen days, three hundred and thirty six hours, twenty thousand one hundred and sixty minutes and one million two hundred, nine thousand and six hundred seconds." She paused "now one million, two hundred, nine thousand and six hundred and one seconds."

She turned to look at our stunned faces. "What!?" she exclaimed "I'm just really excited."

   They all started laughing and making fun of her and above all the noise Ryder found the opportunity to drag me towards him, making me fall to his lap and slip his hands around my waist. That was the first time we has show PDA in school and I was surprised to find myself half cool with it.

"I'm really excited too." He whispered in my ear, the tone of his voice full of hint.

"Why?" I asked interested, giving him a small smile.

He smirked "Because we'll finally be out of this crap hole." He said in an obvious tone and inched his mouth closer to my ear to whisper "And we can do anything we want."

The sentence was full of meaning so stupidly I asked; "And what will that anything be?"

He simply just chuckled and rested his nose to my cheek "You are cute cupcake."