Chapter Nine- Forgiving Seasons

For the next four weeks, me and Draco met up, talked, revised the love potion, the normal things we did everyday. Finally, it was snowing, and me and Harry decided to go to Hogsmeade to buy some last minute Christmas presents. Also, I needed to get some ingredients for the love potion, so at some point, I needed to abandon Harry and go off to shop for the ingredients myself.
We walked down with a few other Gryffindors and Harry. I was wearing my red duffle coat and white bobble hat. We trudged through the snow, making crunching sounds with our boots. Once we reached. Hogsmeade looked like a card; the little thatched cottages and shops were all covered in a layer of crisp frost; there were holly wreaths on the doors and strings of enchanted candles hanging in the trees. It was beautiful.
Me and Harry walked around for a while, browsing the shops and taking a trip to Honeydukes. We walked through the doorway and was greeted by the warmth of children's chatter and the smell of strawberries. A waft of pancakes hit me and I nearly drooled.
"I smell peppermint." Harry laughed.
"What? Where?" I asked, wanting to know where I could find peppermint sweets because I had a sweet tooth for anything minty.
Harry nodded to our left and past a bunch of talkative, excitable first years and near a stand filled with peppermint treats. I grinned and shouted over the noise to Harry.
"I'll be right back!" My nose twitched and I made my way past the kids and over to the stand. I was shocked to see Malfoy standing behind the stand, fiddling with his wand and making some sweets fly.
"Why are you everywhere?" I sighed, continuing to stare at Malfoy who didn't seem to comprehend I was even there. "Hello?"
"Oh, Granger!" Malfoy jumped up, as if I had scared him. "What are you doing here?"
"I asked first!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms and taking a step back so he could wedge his way out from behind the stands.
"I was going to find some first years to play tricks on, but, now your here, we can go and get some ingredients for the love potion. What do you say?" I opened my mouth to protest, but Malfoy grabbed my hand, our fingers interlocking, and dragged me away to our left: the opposite way that Harry was.
"Malfoy! Stop!" I tried to shout to him over the sound of the first years as I was pulled out of the shop and onto the streets of Hogsmeade. "Wait, what about Harry?"
"You can go back to him later." Malfoy said, still pulling me down the street. I nearly stumbled over, but the strong grasp of Malfoy's skin on mine kept me on balance. After a few seconds of being dragged down, Malfoy slowed to a stroll, but he didn't let go of my hand. Instead, I realized that I had- unknowingly- been holding his hand back. Somehow, it seemed comfortable.
"Do you know where we can find the ingredients?" I asked Malfoy, who scratched the back of his slicked back hair, then turned to look at me.
"No, not really." Malfoy chuckled, but I didn't think it was genuine.
"Well, where exactly are we going then?" I groaned, although I was putting on an annoyed face, because to be honest, I was glad that Malfoy had dragged me away.
"How about we have some fun?"