Chapter Seven- Something You Don't Know

Then Harry and Ron pushed past Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas.
"Hermione, where have you been?" Ron placed a hand on my shoulder.
"The library. I had to return a book..." Ron and Harry walked me over to the couch and everyone else got back to whatever it was they were doing before I arrived.
"Do you mean the book you've got there?" Harry pointed to the book I meant to return, but instead was distracted by Malfoy. I decided to tell them what had happened.
"I overheard Malfoy and Pansy talking about something." I finally admitted. Ron looked concerned and he sat so his back was leaning fully against the sofa, slumped.
"What did he say?" Harry stood up in front of me, like he was interrogating me.
"He said he was going to leave... unless something wasn't... done?" I shrugged, still trying to remember what they had actually said. "And then he told her something secretive. But I didn't hear that bit. But he spotted me running out, I think."
Harry did nothing but nod solemnly, and place a hand on his chin, like Sherlock Holmes.
"Do you think he'll try and find you to ask why you were there?" Ron spoke, his voice kind of shaky.
"Probably." I nodded and looked from Ron to Harry, who were both sharing a strange look.
"Okay, well, if he does. Just let us know and we'll do something about it." Harry warned, turning to walk away, but I stood up and touched his shoulder.
"No, please don't." Something about the way Malfoy seemed desperate the other day made me anxious to let him know that Ron and Harry knew. "I don't want him finding out you guys both know about the... intimate conversation between him and Pansy."
"It was intimate?!" Ron exclaimed, darting up off the sofa.
I tried to make an excuse to why I didn't want them knowing. "Yeah, like I think something's going on between them." I was digging myself a hole. "Maybe we shouldn't get involved."
"What, so you think Malfoy was just proclaiming his love towards Pansy?" Harry asked, frowning even more now.
"I don't know..." I had to escape the situation. "But I need to do a Dark Arts essay. You two, get some sleep." And without letting them hold me back, I ran to the back of the room and up the stairs into the girls' dorm. Nobody was there, so I assumed the were all downstairs. Walking over to my bed, I realized how much had happened in the last few days I had been at Hogwarts.