Hide and Seek

Its been three hours. My clock glows a red 3:38 am. Its come to the point where I've been under my blankets so long, that I'm begging to suffocate due to the amount of body heat build up. Even under the circumstances, I refuse to pull the covers off of my head, because I know of what horrors await me. I can hear him or it, in the hallway. His bare feet hitting the floor with every move he makes. Running back and forth past my door, occasionally he would stop and stand in my door way, I could hear his breath heavy and dense, filling my room. I managed to glance quickly at him from under my covers, letting in some cold air along with it. This thing stands there, peering at me, watching me as I lay in fear. Smiling. This thing is completely hairless. he has no eyes, and his skin droops. He has blood all over his hands and it stains his teeth, dripping as he smiles. His arms are long and nearly touch the floor, his fingers are like claws, as he stands he moves them quickly, wiggling them around, still staring at me. He ran back into the hallway, continuing is mad dance of horror. Sorry, I got ahead of myself. Your probably wondering what I'm rambling about. It started at around midnight, i awoke with a sudden urge to urinate, not able to resist i climbed out of bed and headed for the washroom which was just down the hall from my room, directly across from my parents. The hall was dark so i stumbled around, still fazed from sleep I made it into the bathroom and flicked on the light. I did my business and turned to wash my hands, that's when I saw that thing, standing in my parents room, facing me, with the same horrid smile. He completely caught me off guard and threw a whole wall at fear at me. Thankfully i had already relieved myself, cause i was certain that this man would defiantly make me wet my pants. We both just stood there, staring at one another, not knowing what our next moves were going to be. Maybe he knew what mine was, but was just waiting for me to make it. I imagined darting out of the bathroom and heading as fast as i could for the front door, and screaming as loud as i could for help, hearing him run down the hall after me, catching up to me as i made it to the front door, that would have been the end, there's no telling what he would do, but I was not in anyway willing to find out. Suddenly he ran into back into my moms room, descending into the darkness. I couldn't see him but i knew he could still see me. This time my chances were a little better. I raced down the hall, surging in fear i couldn't find any words to scream out, without a doubt he followed. He first slammed into the wall, collecting himself he followed after me. I knew i wasn't going to make it to the front door, so I dashed into my room, forgetting to close my door. I ran and jumped into my bed, my childish instincts clicked in, thinking being under the covers he wouldn't be able to get me. Even being as vulnerable as i was, all he did was run past my room into the living quarters. I waited a few minutes, he then darted into my room, standing at the foot of my bed, breathing heavily. He stood there for a moment, then began scribbling on the walls, like a hyperactive artist who is pulsing with inspiration. A minute after, he ran out into the hall, and since then he's been running up and down the hall, passing my room every once in a while.

It has been fours hours now, and I haven't heard him running yet, it was quite, there was no sound of cars in the distance, or the sound of any lights humming as they shine a florescent glow, dimly lighting the hall. I pulled the covers off of my head, looking around, he's gone. I was scared to admit it, but I knew he was still in the house, I looked over to the wall where he had written, it said "Hide and Seek?" then counted down from 10 all the way to 1, then "Ready or not, here I come" The horror of what i was reading, cursed my mind and plagued my heart with fear. I stood facing the art work, wondering if I should make a run for it. Then there it was, the sound of his feet, but this time, they weren't running, they weren't going up and down the hall, they were coming up behind me. I could hear his heavy breathing get louder and louder and then finally came right up behind me. Tears struck my eyes, but my sobs were silenced by his, deep, evil voice, he whispered.

"Found you.."