Don't Leave The Window Open

It was a cold October night, it was dry and freezing, the wind blew in the trees and leaves fell onto my car as I drove. I hadn't noticed how long I had been driving for, it was 2am, I decided to stay at the nearest motel so I can get a good nights rest before I venture on.

When I got the motel a red fluorescent light flickered "Night Motel" it didn't look impressive, frankly on looked run down, but I wasn't in any mood to sleep in my car so this was the best I had. After i checked into my room i walked to the cafe that was near the entrance. I grabbed a pack of hot pockets and went back to my room. But this time there was something unusual, I didn't notice it there at first, I read it "Dont leave the window open" I laughed and checked the piece of paper onto the ground.

I threw the hot pockets into the microwave and jumped onto the bed. I turned on the tv, the first thing that came on was one of my favourite horror movies, "the shinning" excited I retrieved my hot pockets which hints the name, were HOT and jumped back into my bed. After an hour when the movie ended, I turned off the tv and had realized it had gotten increasingly hot in the room. I went over to the air conditioner, it had a piece of tape the the word "Out Of Order" written across it. There was no way I was going to sleep in the sauna. I stripped into my underwear to reduce body heat. I jumped into a cool shower for a few seconds, but it seemed to have gotten hotter. I sat at the end of my bed, debating on actually sleeping in my car. It wasn't worth it. I walked over to the window, looking out I saw the piece of paper that had strictly told me to keep the window closed, I'm not one for breaking the rules but this was an emergency. I slide the window fully open and took in the nights cool air. Instantly I began to freeze. I retrieved a Blanket and pushed my bed closer to the window. It was light so it wasn't that hard. I layed there for about 10 minutes, after the room was cool enough Id close the window after.  Then I fell asleep.

I awoke an hour later. It was still dark, though it was 4am, I realized I hadn't closed the window. I got up only to feel something wet on the floor, confused I turned on the light. There was blood everywhere, my name littered the walls, blood splattered on the bed and down into the bathroom, then i saw an arm, poking out from under my bed, it was covered in blood. I froze in fear, above my bed it had written something, it was right above where I was sleeping so this thing under my bed had to have climbed onto me, it said "I told you to close your window"