chapter 18

18.    Home sweet home.

I woke up to birds chirping outside my window. I looked around, Bo and Loki were asleep on the lounge, and I was somehow on the floor with popcorn all through my hair. I walked out the back for some fresh air. I yawned as I felt something pulling on my hair, I tuned to see what it was but nothing was behind me, I shrugged and walked around for a bit. Something pulled on my hair again, this time it hurt. I put my hands through my hair and something pecked it, “What the?”

Bo joined me outside as he stretched, “Lauren why is there a bird in your hair?”

“What?!” I jumped around and squealed trying to get the bird out, it flew away with popcorn in its beak,

Bo laughed, “I think you have popcorn in your hair”

I looked at him like he was an idiot, “I know”

He grinned and helped me get all of it out of my hair.

“What’s going on out there?” Loki came outside as well, “Umm Lauren there’s something in your hair”

“Yes its popcorn I know” I shook my hair a little.

“No popcorn doesn’t look like bird poo” He tilted his head to the side, questioning my IQ.

I looked at him as my expression changed from smart-ass to disgust. “Please tell me you’re joking”

He smiled sadly at me, “Not this time”

I ran inside, “EWWW!”

They both laughed hysterically as I made a B-line for the bathroom. I looked in the bathroom mirror, I had black bags under my eyes and my hair was a mess, my face was dirty. I badly needed a shower. I took my dirty clothes off and turned on the shower. The water was warm and it turned a dirty brown colour when it hit the floor of the shower, I saw my cuts across my body, I winced as I touched them feeling every curve. I washed my face, hair and body then turned off the water. I sighed happily, I felt a lot better. I looked at my clothes on the floor, I needed new ones. I towel dried myself and wrapped the towel around me, then quickly snuck down the hallway to my bedroom. I put on my New York hoodie and some jean shorts.

“Lolly where did you go?” Loki and Bo were back inside. Loki was calling out to me, “Come on it doesn’t talk that long to wash bird poo out of your hair”

I sat down next to him, “What now?”

“We play monopoly?” He pulled out a board game from underneath the coffee table.

Bo yelled, “I want to be banker!”

I looked at him with wide eyes, “Nooo!” I grabbed the monopoly money and ran out of the room with it, Bo chased me, “Hey come back here with that!” I giggled and ran into the kitchen then down the hall, Bo lagged behind a little. I turned right swiftly and Loki took the fake cash from me and winked, I kept running and Bo kept chasing me. I ran into a corner and Bo blocked me, “Give me it!”

I put my hands on my hips, “No it’s impossible”

Bo pouted at me and put out his hand, “Pass it here, now”

I put my hands in front of him, “I don’t have it”

He stared at my hands confused, and Loki laughed.

He turned to Loki, “You have it!”

Loki had already set up the board and handed out the money, “Well I guess I’m the banker then”

~

We played monopoly for two hours, Loki and I wanted to quit ages ago but Bo was winning and he wouldn’t give up. Loki ended up winning and Bo claims he cheated. I ended up packing it all away.