chapter 9

9.    Security over ride.

Loki followed me into the security room. If my dad knew I was doing this he would kill me.

Bo is everything ok? You look a little pale” Loki observed me,

I turned to him, “Yeah I’m fine, just a little nervous...”

“Haha I understand, if your dad found out you would be in so much shi-“

“Master Diaz, you can come through but your friend will have to wait here” A guard was standing at the security office.

I looked at Loki, “But he needs to come with me”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t allow that,” the security guard put his hand on his tazer. “Please before this gets difficult”

I swung my fist and collided with his temple, instantly knocking him out.

Loki looked stunned. “Whoa, hey remind me not to get you angry”

I laughed a little, “Will do, I’m getting sick of people bossing me around”

I stepped over the guards unconscious body, Loki whistled like he didn’t do anything.

I pushed the door open and hundreds of screens lined the wall, there were two more guards with their backs facing me.  I put my finger to my lip to make sure Loki kept his mouth shut and snuck up behind them, I grabbed both of them by the hair and slammed their faces together, and they dropped to the floor unconscious.

“Bo your violent” Loki shut the door behind him, “I mean, dude chill”

“Loki I haven’t got time to ‘chill’ help me find last week’s surveillance tapes”

“Ok bossy Bo” Loki started sorting through tapes.

I searched through hundreds of tapes in a matter of minutes, I was determined to find Lauren no matter what.

“Got it!” I spun around to see Loki holding the tape.

“Plug it into one of the DVD players!” my hands started shaking again, I hated that.

“Alright it’s playing”

We sat back in the chairs the guards were using before. “Swap to the other camera, the one that shows outside”

Loki pressed a green button and we could see out onto the street. There were three men standing near the kerb, Bo and another man dressed in a nice suit with a big scar on his face emerged and joined with the group. They talked for a little while then a car drove up to the kerb and picked up the men.

“Pause It!”

Loki jumped a little when I shouted, then pressed pause, “what’s wrong?”

“Can you zoom in on the licence plate?”

“Yeah, but the screen resolution’s graphics will go all pixelly...” He turned a knob and the footage zoomed in on the licence plate.

“Can you resolve the photo?”

“Yeah but it will take a while”

“Then you better start doing it”

Someone knocked on the door, “What the heck is going on in there?”

Mr Diaz started smashing his fists against the door, I yelled to Loki, “I’ll get the door just keep working!”