My stomach growled as if on cue. "Yeah...." 

"I'll get one of the slaves to bring you something. If you need anything come get me. I'm only two rooms down." I nodded and he turned around and left.

I sat on my bed. What the HELL?!?! Why is he being so nice?!?! Its not normal! And why did he apologize to me? I'm just a boring human slave. I should have died the other day. But he got me some help and saved me. I KNOW something is wrong here! And I am determined as hell to figure out what just happened to change his attitude towards me.

A few minutes later a small girl with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes walked in. There was a bruise around her eye that said she had been recently hit. I frowned. "A-are you Jasmine?" 

I smiled gently at her. "Yes I am. Come here." 

She walked in hesitantly. "I brought your food..."

 I nodded. "Set it down on my table." She did. "What happened to your eye?" 

"M-master got mad." I scowled as I took in her small frame. She's too skinny and just as pale as I was and probably still am. She looks exhausted. 

"Come here and sit down. You look like you need a break." 

"B-but-" 

I cut her off. "Dont worry. If he gets mad he'll have to take it out on me." She smiled and sat down beside me. "How old are you?" 

"I'm 16." 

I frowned. "How long have you been a slave?" 

She sighed. "Ever since I was 14." 

I gasped. "Thats so horrible! You was so young..." 

She shrugged. "It happens to the best of us I guess." 

"What's your name?" 

"Its Emma." 

"Well Emma...I'm sorry you have to deal with this."

 "Don't be.How old were you when you got taken?" 

"16. That was the worst night of my life. I really dont want to talk about it." She seemed to understand.

"How old are you now?" 

"I'm 19." She looked at me in pity.

 "That sucks." 

I shrugged. "Its too late to worry about that now." 

"You know all the other slaves hate you." She said. I looked at her in shock. 

"Why?!"

 "Because you seem to be special to Blake. And its not just the fact that you're his personal slave. He treats you with some respect. All of us others get treated like crap. At least 1 or 2 of us die every month." 

"Its not like I try to get the special attention though..." 

"They don't care about that though. They're just jealous."

 I frowned. I did absolutely nothing and now I just found out that I'm hated by a bunch of others like me. "Did you hate me?"

She shook her head. "I don't hate anybody."

 I smiled. "Thats good." She looked up and all the blood drained from her face.

I knew immediately why she looked that way. I looked over at Blake. He stood at the doorway with an angry scowl on his face. "It doesn't take that long to bring food to somebody Emma. What are you doing just sitting around when you have other chores to do?" 

"I-I was just taking a break-" 

"Come here!" he snapped at her. She looked like she wanted to cry as she slowly got up and walked over to him. A second later she was against the wall and he slapped her. "How many more times are you going to mess up before you learn Emma? This is the third fucking time I've had to get on to you!" He slapped her again before she could respond. I jumped to my feet. 

"I dont know!" She cried. He raised his hand again and I ran into him pushing him away from her. 

"Stop it!" I screamed.

I was not going to sit around and let him push someone around like that. He turned on me and the next thing I know I was roughly hitting the ground. Emma's crying abruptly stopped and the whole room grew silent. I slowly brought a hand up to my busted lips. Blood was running down my chin and dripping onto my shirt. I looked up at Blake, shocked that he had hit me that hard. I was about to yell at him when I saw his expression. He was froze, looking down at me with guilt and shock written in his expression. 

"Jasmine...I..." He struggled. He grimaced and turned away towards Emma, not finishing what he was about to say "Take her to the infirmary!" He snapped and stormed out of the room. I watched him go. 

"Oh my gosh! Jasmine are you ok?" Emma held a hand out to help me up. I took it and she pulled me to my feet. 

"I'm fine!" I muttered and then I moaned. Talking made my mouth hurt. Just how hard did he hit me?!  And why did he look so guilty after he hit me?

*************************************************************************************************************************

I felt updating quicker today! My fans motivate me to write quicker! Like I said...the more votes, fans, and comments I get the more faster I'm motivated to write! Did this chapter suck? I think it did haha. Dont forget to comment, vote and fan please! I'll try and update again before the 17th. My school starts that day. Ugh. :/ But anyhow...I'm just going to stop blabbing now lol.