"I didn't know your face hurt this badly," I murmur while taking the blood soaked paper towel from her hands and tossing it into the garbage bin across from us. I try to throw it in at least but it doesn't make it into the bin, making a soft laugh escape Beatrice's lips. I'm too lazy to go pick it up anyways.

Grabbing her face slowly, I inspect the hit on her forehead. "Do you need ice?" I ask slowly while trying to sound as caring as I can.

I'm not usually a nice person so the fact that I'm actually being caring is surprising. Beatrice nods, wiping her tears away with her forearm instead of her hands because her hands are sticky from the blood.

Standing up, I awkwardly rub my hands against my jeans before walking to the small fridge in the corner of the room and throwing the freezer open. The cold air hits me hard and sends chills down my body as I place my hand inside and snatch the cool ice pack from the cubby.

"Here," I say while watching Beatrice take the ice pack and place it on her forehead. Suddenly I hear the sound of the door open, and Delila and Caroline walk into the same cabin with bleeding arms.

This is gonna be a long day.

•°•°•°—–—-•°•°•°•

"Hi," I murmur while tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, crossing my arms afterwards. I glare at Tobias as hard as I can just as the lights in the kids' cabin turns off. Pushing the door open with his shoulder, Tobias opens the door and we walk out and I feel the cool breeze hit the back of my neck.

Walking down the narrow steps, Tobias leaps down the last three steps and begins walking across the freshly mowed lawn. A scoff escapes me and I hurry along to fall into pace with him, only to be slapping his shoulder afterwards.

"You gave me all the bleeding kids and you got to hang out with Dasuni! That's so not fair!" I protest while huffing, just as the lights in many of the other cabins go out.

Tobias rolls his eyes, glancing at me before continuing to look forward. "You're lucky, I had to spend all day talking to Miss. Twilight enthusiast," He grumbles while running a hand through his hair.

As we approach our cabin, I stretch my arms out in front of my and let out a soft yawn. I'm not use to waking up so early to get prepared for the activities, being a night owl isn't helpful when all the councillors are supposed to be at bed by ten o'clock.

My hand rests on the doorknob, but then a gasp escapes me as Tobias jumps right in front of me. "Wait," He calls out, like I'm ten feet away from him, when really I'm like ten  centimetres away. "can I ask you something?"

Sighing, I nod. "What happened this time?"

Clearing his throat, Tobias scratches the back of his neck. "We're going to Dairy Queen come on," He mutters while grabbing my wrist and pulling me off the deck and onto the lawn.

"Wait what?" I reply, confusion coursing through me. Dairy Queen. Nine o'clock. Ice cream. "are all the other councillors coming?"

The last event that we had all together as councillors was the bonfire, we've all been so busy that besides the occasional hello everytime we pass by each other, the nine of us haven't really said anything much.

"No, you and me."

Without giving me another glance, he begins to pull me away. "Tobias, we're gonna get in a lot of trouble," I stammer with a laugh. He can't be serious. It's dark outside and we're going to Dairy Queen, just the two of us, nobody kno--this is not a date.

"Please?" He asks while stopping, and even though we're in darkness I can feel his fingers trembling around my wrist. "I'll pay."

What the hell, why not. "Tobias. . ." My voice trails off with uncertainty. I'm usually the one who's rebellious; not giving a damn what other people think or say and all that shit. But I've already been dropped on Mitch's bad side and I know that if we get caught going to get ice cream at nine o clock at night, then I'm going to get fired. And sure, maybe I said that I hated it here a month ago, but I've actually come to like it. A lot.