Chapter 9 Meeting the Witch

Start from the beginning

"Well.. Are you going to invite us in or what?" The angry blonde girl spit out.

I cleared my throat and started to speak when I was interrupted by none other than Marcus Declan himself. He placed a hand on my shoulder and gestured for his mysterious guests to come in. I flinched when Angry blond girl gave the hand on my shoulder an icy glare. His mother, (I mean I think that woman is his mother) and the angry girl walked in quickly leaving a cold air behind them. I shivered and glanced up at Marcus nervously, "I don't think they like me very much.."

He laughed and brought his lips to my ear, "Who gives a shit? I like you.."

My eyes widened, and he chuckled moving me along towards the dining hall. I bit back a smile and went willingly, feeling a tad bit better about the situation. The two guests were already seated and looking even more impatient then ever.

Geez... What kind of people does he hang around? Not that he can help who is mother is I guess, but the other one seemed like a real witch.

Marcus pulled out my chair and helped me sit down. I didn't understand why he was acting so kindly towards me especially after what I said to him. Marcus's mother and the witch both had looks of horror and surprise.

Wait... What did I just miss?

His mother cleared her throat and took a sip of her water, "Marcus, why on earth is the help sitting down at the dining table?"

My eyes widened and I stood up quickly only to bang my knees loudly on the bottom of the table. I cursed silently and winced at my now throbbing knees.

"My Goodness!" His mother grabbed her chest and looked as if she were going to faint at any moment. The witch snickered under breath and smirked at me, causing me to have a mini anxiety attack.

What was with these two?

I hurriedly lept away from the table and stood a good distance away from their piercing stares of judgement. "I-I'm very sorry I j-just-"

"She is my guest, just as you are mother. I would advise you to be respectful of my guest. She is rather nervous and you are not making it any better for her."

All of our mouths dropped open. Wait, what?

I held up a hand quickly but dropped it before anyone could see me trying to reach for him, "Marcus, it's really okay I-"

He gave me a look that shut me up quickly. I clamped my mouth shut and looked down at my hands, unsure of what to do next.

"Take a seat Addie." I looked up quickly and made my way over to the seat Marcus had pulled out for me for the second time that night. I sat down and nervously played with my fingers under the table.

Marcus took a seat beside me and grabbed onto the hand that was resting on my lap. I felt myself growing red but I told myself to behave. He squeezed my hand softly. I looked over at him but he kept his gaze locked on the woman in front of him. His mother looked between the two of us and then back to Marcus. I swear if she decided to stick her head under the table I would freak.

Finally she spoke, "Well, if she isn't the help then who is she?"

I perked up at that and looked at him again trying to keep a blank look on my face. He made a quick glance in my direction and quickly adverted his gaze back to his mother. "She is a friend who is staying with me for the time being."

Friend, huh? Friends with benefits is more like it.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing. He noticed the twitch in my lips and kicked my foot. My eyes widened and I regained composure in a second. I glanced up and saw the witch intently watching us. I could see what she was thinking clear as day. Oh, she knew something was up. You could see it written all over her made up face.