Chapter 54: The Chao's on the Second Floor

Start from the beginning

"No, its not at," she stammered, "You smell that right, blood..not the villagers but, our own."

I nodded; placing the sword back inside the shift, as I walked over to her, she lowered her gaze towards the ground. Instead of slapping some sense into her, because we have no time for emotions, I placed my hands on her shoulders lightly shake her.

"We can't start having our own panic attack, we've got a mission to do, idiot. And that's to protect our king from the invaders, that's what our CAT did with that explosion."

"I know, I know," she sniffled, rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands.

"Come on, don't start crying now, Adelaide, weren't you the one talking all big. Own up to them," I ordered, and she nodded, looking me dead in the eyes with a feeling of understanding.

"Adelaide! Kanshin, help!" A voice yelled through the hallways, and I turned around instantly wanted to pull out my sword and stab Jeremiah for being so loud and annoying. But when I laid eyes on the muscular goblins, I scoffed, biting the bottom of my lip there's 10 of them, with a body like that how are we suppose to.

"Jeremiah, I'm coming!" Adelaide pulled out her sword and dashed towards the Human Shield in full speed, her bun loosen at the strands of her dark blonde hair flattered in front of me. Widen eyed, I stared at the battle stance she possessed, and pulled out my own sword gripping it tightly in my grasp. Grinding my teeth together with the amazing feeling of adrenaline.

"Don't you two idiots dead yet," I yelled, rushing into the mob of Goblins, and my ears perked at the small giggle from Adelaide's lips.

Dell POV

"We can't stay here Dell," Vincent confessed, his orange eyes gazed over at the front door then at me. "There going to here soon."

"Why did they have to use a bomb to get through are they crazy!" I snapped, running my fingers through my hair before I tied the last bow on my converse.

There was a pause before he replied, "they want me died it doesn't matter what happens to my castle in the process."

No duh, I walked over to the front door, peeking it open slightly to look outside, everything seemed empty no one was outside of the door. I guess the crazies are just downstairs, wait a minute, squinting my eyes I opened the door just a little more a small creak followed.

That's when a body fell from the ceil of the hallway onto the ground, and I gasped, covering my mouth so no words would give out my location, Lady Storm. She was lying on the ground with a thorn through her right shoulder, bleeding slowly as she seemed to be out cold. Oh god, oh god, oh, an eye looked at me from the crack I peeked through from the door. And I stumbled backwards, in midscream, its not safe here anymore, I rushed over to the side of the bed and picked up Vincent over my back.

"What's the matter?" He asked confused, I shook my head, "wrap your arms around my neck, we need to leave. There something outside ready to make a warm greet."

Vincent didn't question what I was saying or even asked the heck I meant, he simple held himself close to my back, locking his legs around along with his arms. "Okay."

I minced over to the bathroom door, closing it behind me, before I walked inside of the bathroom tub, and kneeled down to place my hand on the tile surface of the wall. Closing my eyes I drew a deep breath from my nose, out my mouth, and punched through the wall, causing the brittle tiles to fall down and us to squeeze through the open. When we made it outside of my room, the things gathering in front of my door paid me no attention. But I couldn't help but feel terrible that I left Lady Storm there vulnerable to the enemy.

King Of The Night: The New ServantOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara