I'm not saying I'm not grateful for Joey, I mean he's fighting cancer for me. He's ready to leave everyone behind for me, what else did I want?

Why wasn't this enough? I would have what I want. Joey and me.

Suddenly, that wasn't enough. Why? I questioned myself angrily.

Something was holding me back.

I tried my best to push these stupid thoughts that have been harassing my mind all week away. I couldn't ruin this for me or Joey.

"Ohh you'll have a blast, Christmas parties are fun. I know you might think it's a mental hosptail so it would be boring but it's fun." She said hugging me back

"Besides, Mason will give you company" she winked.

"For hundredth time, I have a boyfriend" I said giving her a playful glare.

"It must sucks not able to spend it with him" she grabbed one of the pillows on my bed.

"It does" I said, it really does. But what makes it more horrible is, it's first Christmas without Dakota. Which made me glad I wasn't home because it would be twice as hard as it already is.

"Well, cheer up! I promise I won't leave before making you look stunning" she said tossing the pillow on me.

"Oh that reminds me that I have nothing to wear. I don't think my parents packed me a dress." I said sighing angrily.

"It's okay, you're about my size. Let's go find you something" she said grabbing my arm as we ran to her room.

Her room was very will decorated, filled with pictures of family and friends on the nightstand and her makeup table. She opened her closet and looked at me smiling.

"Let's try on some dresses, now shall we?"

Oh boy.

**

Sunlight penetrated through my window making my eyes to flutter, I stretched, yawning exhaustedly.

I stayed up late with lila trying to find a dress and we ended up talking about celebrities and then that escalated to talking about her family. I don't even know how.

She told me how it's hard being the youngest, she had two elder brothers Obviously not knowing how hard it is to be the middle child.

I scratched my hair yawning once again, and walked to bathroom to get washed up. By then, I heard nurse Kelly come in. The daily routine.

I took my perception and walked downstairs to get breakfast.

I gotten used to here, same thing everyday. I walk to hall, Ethan have already had his panic attack So he would probably be more calmed when I walk in. Nurse Kelly gives me my tray and I walked to the table where Mason and Lila are as usual arguing since Lila gets her moods in the morning.

"You're an asshole, Mason like seriously." she snapped at him and he just smiled cheekily at her.

"Morning" I said siting next to Lila.

"Hey Avery" Mason face lit up as he saw me.

"Oh great, you are here. I almost struggle this shit. Oh by the way, I'll be leaving at six so there will be time to do your makeup." Lila said smiling.

I hated makeup but Lila seemed excited.

"That be great" I said smiling while eating my Cheerios.

"Let's just say, Mason..." Lila said looking Mason.

"Yeah?"

"You won't keep your eyes off her"

He looked at her and then quickly looked away with his face flushing.