Chapter 26

Doubts and worries hovered my mind as I sat down in the lunch room, I couldn't stop thinking about what Beatrice said and being the worrier I already am;

I just couldn't let it go;

I could hear murmurs and hisses saying 'Stop thinking like this' I shook my head trying to get my head straight.

"Hello" I heard lila saying in her chirpy voice. She wore a beautiful sun dress and her hair was let down framing her heart shaped face. Her cherry red lips brought out the colors of her eyes which were deep sea blue.

She sat down holding her bowl of fires and coke.

"Hey" I said with my tone sounding bewildered. She glanced at me before looking down her bowl.

"So how is it going?"she asked and I just sighed.

Things are fine. Finally getting along with Mason" I said trying to forget about what happened.

"See? I told you he's not that bad."

"I never said he was" I looked up at her and saw a hint of smile playing on her lips.

"What made you change your mind about him?" she asked completely ignoring what I said.

"Well, since we are in music together I got to know him better" I answered.

"He's a complex person"

she said taking a sip of her coke.

"He needs time to be understood, poor boy went through a lot." she looked at me.

"I mean, i don't think he trusted me or felt comfortable with until now. We used argue a lot but now I understand him. Or I think I do"

But is killing himself an option? I questioned myself. Why didn't I do that? I quickly distract myself from the horrendous thoughts that started occurring in my head. "He never told me about his mother, I founded out by myself. Maybe I was wrong about the trusting part but he is the one to trust." she added and I just nodded because I was too lazy to reply. The pills they have been giving me made me feel drowsy and tired all the time, I felt weak and fatigue

"I think I'll go and take a nap" I excused myself and she waved at me.

I walked to the room without the nurse since I told her I'll go nap, my head was still resounding the whole incident with Beatrice because one mintue I had a clear image of what has been going on and now everything became hazy. I walked in my room yawning exhaustedly, I went to the dresser to take off my hairband when all sudden I felt arms grabbing my waist and a deep voice whispering in my neck.

"Avery"

My heart pounding against my chest as I turned and saw beautiful eyes staring into mine and familiar smile.

"Joey" I squeaked excitedly as I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him so tightly. I heard him chuckle as I gave me a bear hug and felt him hugging me back.

"Okay, I think I can't breath now" he said pretending to be out breath. I pulled back looking at his face which looked less radiated like always, his face was more thinner and his eyes looked tired. I knew it was because of the chemotherapy and all but he still looked hot as always. I brushed my thumb on his flushed cheeks and his smile grew wider, I felt his eyes staring at my lips and then whispers "Are you gonna kiss me or what?" he said and I let out a light chuckle as I leaned closer brushing my lips into his.

I cupped his face as I slowly moved my lips along his in perfect motion. I slowly move my hand behind his head and my fingers traced his jaw line. I felt his hand on my waist bringing me closer to him making our bodies crash each other.

He kissed my bottom lip and pulled back breathless. "Oh I missed you baby" he said those words making my heart flatter with butterflies and my knees weak. I smiled at his words as I ruffled his hair. "Missed you too" I said. I just loved him, I just do and I wouldn't let doubt ever change that.

**

"She visited you?" Joey said as I lay on he's chest and feeling him playing with my hair."Yeah and she was all regretful and said this was for my own good"I said.

"Whatever she said is probably bunch a lies" he said with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"I don't know, Beatrice wouldn't see like the type to lie about such thing."

I heard him sigh, "Well, she seemed fine the other day with her fiancé as I overheard them planning to surprise the family with vacation in Rio" he said as I felt my blood boil with anger, than why would she put up an act and pretend to care, why do they do this to me? Keep on hurting me constantly withou realizing what marks it leaves.

I stayed slient and then

"Just take me way from all this" I said as I felt warm tears scroll down my face, I accidentally sniffed making him realize I was crying.

I hated crying especially in front of Joey.He quickly stood straight and lifted my chin as he was my tears, he quickly used his thumbs to wipe them away and planted a kiss on my cold cheek.

Then reached my ear and whispered, "I will"

"I promise" he added making me shiver.

"My lovely girlfriend or shall I at wife?" he looked at me as his blue eyes shone brightly with joy. He quickly stood up and walked to the dresser.

"Okay, get up" he ordered and I looked at him puzzled but then got up the bed instantly.

He looked at me then kept one of his arms on his back and bowed down. "Can I have this dance my lady?" he said it in british accent making me laugh.

"Yes you can" I replied as he took my hand. I placed one on his shoulder and felt his arms on my waist as we moved rhythmically. He started humming a tune making me chuckle more. Then he spin me around and held close as we moved in slience. I laid my head oh his shoulder and he held me closer till I felt comforted.

Me and Joey slowing dancing in silence.

That moment was just beyond perfect.

A/N:

Sorrrry for short chapter, I wanted to update since I haven't updated for a month. So I wanted to give y'all a treat so I made a Jevery moment. So what y'all think? Tell me what you think in the comment section.

And if you like it then hit that vote button.

Another than that, I just wanted to mention my IG exams are in may so there will be slow updates. Thank you for your patience.

Love you all,

-Shouq x