chapter 27

Chapter 27

I was woken up by the sound vicious thunder, I looked around and a sudden lightening illuminated the pitch black room. I looked at my right finding the side of the bed empty which saddens me. I wanted Joey next to me since I kinda had fear of thunder because as kid, Dakota would always tell me that the sound of thunder is actually the sound of millions tortured souls crying for help and me being the dumb kid believed her. I would always cry whenever I heard the thunder but Dakota would wake up and snuggle next to me and would always hum some tune till I fell asleep. It's not I still believe that thunder is actually the sound of tortured souls because that would be ridiculous but even after we became teenagers Dakota knew how I feared thunder and she would just get up and lay next to me and hum a tune of my favorite song. But that's not the only reason I fear thunder but the whole thunderstorm thing reminds me of the night I lost Dakota, once the lightening streaked we lost control and everything went downhill from there. Just the thought of that made my heart get tighten into a knot and made my eyes teary, I have been caught with many things and somehow I feel like I have forgotten her. With also the thought of that, my heart started racing so fast and I started breathing quickly. I felt my entire body tense up and I started shaking, my hands started vibrating and my mind with filled with thoughts and voices saying that's it's my fault and nobody loves me. Warm tears streamed down my face and I felt suffocated. I couldn’t breathe or think straight, but I managed to stand up and walk to the door hoping Nurse Kelly is out and would give me something to calm the hell that was going. But as I stood outside the room the hallway was illuminated by one at the end of the hallway so I assumed it was late, but then the light at the end of the hall started to flicker and then it went off. I felt even more suffocated than I already was, and I started to freak out. Then the light went on but there was someone underneath there, I could tell she was a girl since her hair was parted two ways and she was looking down. She was wearing the hospital gown and she was very pale.

"Hello?" I called out sounding out of breath, she slowly lifted her head and once she looked at me. I felt so weak and got the shock of my life.

Her piercing blue eyes were familiar and then she grins…that grin is not mistakable.

That was Dakota.

That was her, she looked so horrifying and once she looked at me I suddenly notice that half of her face I burned that I could see the bone structure. She tilted her head and still kept grinning creepily with her eyes staring right into mine.

"You killed me" she screamed with her raw husky voice causing me to fall.

Then she started running towards me, I couldn’t shout or scream from how stunned I was but my body involuntarily moved and started running. All I could hear was her laughter behind and stupidly enough I glanced back and she was so close to me and once I looked back in front and hit someone.

Somebody embraced me with their arms, holding me close as I was out breath.

"She-e is a a-l-ive, she hates m-e. She'll k-kill m-me" I stammered crying my eyes out and was out breath.

"Shhh…nobody is here." a husky voice said, hugging me closely that I felt their body heat.

"No…no" I cried harder and then I looked up finding dark brown staring at me. It was Mason, he was holding me tightly as I was freaking out and unable to breath.

You are having a panic attack" he said.

I was lost, he cubed my face and his thumb traced my face and his eyes never left my gaze. "Calm down" he said softly and I was still sobbing.

"Come on" he said holding my hands leading me to his room but I wasn’t able to move. It's like I froze and I wasn’t able to move. He looked at me but then he just picked up in a bridal way and walked into his room. He seated me on the edge of his bed, and then he walked to his dresser and pours a glass of water from the jag there. Then he walked back sat on the floor facing me, "There" he handed me the glass and I drank it nervously with my shaking hand. He took the glass and kept it next to him, "Better?" he said as he felt him hold my hands. I actually did even though I was still confused on what was happening but he said I was panicking which did make sense. I felt my heart rate being normal again so is my breathing, he removed a strand of hair from my face and wiped away the tears from my cheeks. "Do you want you go back to your room?" he asked. I looked at him, did I? What if she was waiting for me there?