Chapter 24

"Avery, for the millionth time I'm telling you this. You're suppose to play the 'D' chord not the 'E'." Mason said showing me the key on the piano, I could tell that he wanted to squash my head since he has pointing out the key and I just keep missing it.

Heather is as usual late so she told mason to teach me to play the beginner piece.

"Mason maybe if you stop hovering around me, I would be able to concentrate." I said. He walked closer to piano and leaned forward. His hair was ruffled and his eyes shone so brightly despite the darkness of his iris. "Better?" he asked faking a smile and I responded by a fake smile as well.

It's been almost a week since Joey came to visited me, and I still haven't gotten over the fact the Joey really wants to marry me. I mean, I never thought about marriage or spending my life with the one and only. Those things never my thing, but it's different with Joey. How can a guy just mess up my world upside down? How can someone I knew for just awhile can have such effect on me? I spent most of the week just smiling randomly while thinking about what he said, but I did get caught.

Lila seemed to notice it, "Come on, isn't a special someone?" I recalled her smiling excitedly.

"Drop it Lila" I demanded but couldn't help blushing. He was my special someone. "Say say say" she squealed like a little girl. I sighed nervously, "Fine, there is." I said it quickly.

She grinned like she just served some hot wings. "Who? Mason?" she said I immediately frowned.

Me and Mason barely got along for god's sake, I do know he went through a lot but his rude and mean not mention very annoying. For the past classes of music or session whatever it's called, he would just argue about anything I said. He's not cooperative and definitely not a team player, if heather haven't force him to help me out, he wouldn't even bother. "No" I said still frowning, she looked at me for a second.

"A boyfriend?" she asked looking at me suspiciously. I blushes and nodded and she clapped her hands with excitement.

"I knew a gorgeous girl like you wasn't single." I must say I was surprised that she called me gorgeous, I mean I'm anything other than gorgeous. "So tell everything." Lila was an open book like would say, she not ashamed of her problems and was ready to go on and on about her 'Sexy-ass' boyfriend. It's really a bad thing but I wasn't this kind of person, to talk about my private life. But with Lila, its like you have no choice.

"Umm...He's my neighbor and things kinda looked up for us." I said excluded a lot of detailes and I do mean a lot.

"Like he was the boy next door?" she smiled sheepishly. And I just nodded as a response, "Awwwh that's so cute! I guess we're lucky that our boyfriends understand the whole thing about being in mental hospital." she said. She was right about something, I was darn lucky!

"Focus! Your mind is somewhere els. When you play music, your mind should be set on the melody" he sort of yelled at me.

My blood boiled, what is this guy's problem?

"Maybe, if you shut up so I can focus!" I said irritatedly.

He gazed straight in my eyes, I ignored it and started playing for the beginning making sure I get all the chords correctly.

Once I was done, I looked up and found him staring at me.

"That was much better" he said half smiling. See? I told you this guy has issues.

"Are you like always waking up on the wrong side of the bed?" I asked and he chuckled. He actually chuckled, it made his tensed face soften almost looking so innocent and relaxed.