Chapter 17 - Valima

Start from the beginning

"So don't you think I deserve a kiss for being a genius?"

He asked in honey smooth voice that made me tremble. I gaped at him. I wasn't ready yet. He came closer to me, and I could feel his breath. Very gently, he planted a kiss on my forehead and held his hands on my forehead and prayed the sunnah dua. I felt very special, Allah was overwhelming me with love in my heart for my husband.

"I know you would need some time...to get used to, uh... being married. Don't worry, we'll wait till you are ready. Now lets get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be a busy day as well".

We laid down on either sides of the bed. He slept off after sometime, but I was tossing and turning through the night.

This was a different room and I had trouble sleeping in unfamiliar place. He has kept the fan and Ac on and I was feeling really cold. I wished I had my favourite pink blanket with me. It was starting to get really cold, I couldn't sleep. I stayed awake for some more minutes, but coldness kept setting in. I got up and slowly walked towards the bathroom and stalled for a bit.

I had earlier seen him taking some medicines and applying a nose spray. I caught him sneezing occasionally, but how he could sleep comfortably with Ac on was beyond me. I looked at his face sleeping so calmly. I thought about the iPhone he gifted me, tonight on his knees at the park.

His patience to give me the time I needed and his soft kiss on my forehead. He is more than everything I could ever ask for. Before I knew it, I stroked his face with a finger.

He was in deep sleep. Without another thought, I pressed my lips on his cheeks, gently as he was with me. I took out my phone and spend some time playing temple run. But it bore me soon enough and I was starting to feel drowsy.

I went and checked the wardrobe. Much to my relief, there was a jumper inside and some socks in the draw. I wore the jumper that had TIGER embossed on it, and pulled in socks for my hands and feet. I felt much better and I was fast asleep.

I jumped up at the noise of an alarm, hours later coming from his phone. It was time for prayer and I paused wondering if I should wake him up. I slowly went near him and half heartedly patted on his shoulder. He opened his eyes smiled at me and went back to sleep.

What now? I tried again. I patted him once more and he woke up and got up slowly.

"Assalamualaikum" he said groggily.

"Walaikumassalam, it's time for prayer"

His alarm broke the silence again I took his phone to switch it off. The alarm was saved as alarm-II. I scrolled down, and saw that alarm-II was part of a series that ran till alarm-X, separated by two minutes interval.

Oh Allah! He's a deep sleeper. He can sleep like a rock when the whole world burns just like my Ijaz bayya and Afreen. He didn't speak, instead stumbled towards the bathroom and came out after sometime.

"Want to pray along?"
he asked. This was something I was yearning for. I nodded my head vehemently in agreement, quickly did wudhu and wore my hijab. He had laid prayer mats and I prayed along with my husband. I couldn't stop but listen to his flawless recitation.

Mashallah he recites it so eloquently! We finished praying and did some dua and just as we got up I remembered my mahar.

"Hey you dint recite surah for me!"

"I am really sorry I should have done that yesterday itself"

He came and sat next with me and recited the best version of Surah Rahman I have ever heard. Best part? It was a joy to hear my name twice in this surah, and that too from his mouth.