Chapter 6- Proposal

". . . then when (Sulaiman (Solomon)) saw it placed before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And whoever is grateful, truly, his gratitude is for (the good of) his own self, and whoever is ungrateful, (he is ungrateful only for the loss of his own self). Certainly! My Lord is Rich (Free of all wants), Bountiful" [An-Naml: 40]

December 11 2010

I told everyone it was just jet lag but I was burning from inside. I was praying for a miracle. I was praying that the girl I saw was someone else. I didn't go out the entire day.

I was in my room staring at her pink bag, and experienced a piercing pain in my heart. I was too late. I shouldn't have gone to Ireland, should have stayed here and made her mine.

I drifted into sleep and woke up panting an hour later; having a nightmare she was getting married to a bearded man.

Allah! She's coming in my dreams as well! I was not getting peace.
I switched on my laptop cancelled my one month leave for a month and changed it to two week's leave.
I did this before I changed my mind, as staying would only upset me over losing my Marjaan.

I went to the bathroom took wudhu (ablusion) and did my tahajjud (night prayer). I prayed to Allah to do what is best for me, as Allah's plans are always better than my dreams.

I felt much calmer after trusting Allah and letting go of my life's control into the hands of my creator.
I prayed in sujood (prostration) till fajar (first prayer) and decided to go over to the nearby mosque for fajar.

I got inside mosque and offered two rakath sunnah prayers and as soon as I finished and looked up I saw her father sitting next to me. We prayed alongside and once prayer was over we got out of masjid.

"Assalamualaikumm uncle, do you remember me??"

"Walikumassalam, beta!
Of course I remember you. Navas told me yesterday about your arrival.
He didn't actually have to say it, I have never seen him this happy for a long time"

Uncle spoke to me like we were well acquainted. I felt very comfortable speaking to him. I never knew the conversation we were having would steer me out of my misery this soon and I thank Allah for it.

"And beta, my son Will soon complete his engineering course and is looking for some guidance on future prospects. Will you please have a talk with him?"

"Of course uncle, I'll tell him the best options I know once I get to see him"

"Ijaaz? Ijaaz?" he called out.

I saw a silhouette of a six foot tall guy coming at us from the other end of masjid. It was him.

Oh Allah! The same guy who broke my heart yesterday, handed down the world to me.
I couldn't contain myself. It was her brother! Ya Allah!

I wanted to break into a dance, like my heart did but I ended up grinning stupidly at her brother as we shook hands. I hope he didn't find that odd, but we picked on really well.

Soon, we were talking like old chums, and before we parted, Ijaz casually asked me

"Amju adda, why don't you come over for lunch at my place today?

"Uhh...I... someday maybe.."

"Come on, it's really close to the mosque. My house is opposite to the petrol station you see over there"

I readily agreed and later chastised myself for being too quick to accept his invite. But then again, he did press. Will Marjaan be home, I wondered and let the thought pass.