The Aftermath

Hearing my alarm go off, I awoke with a throbbing headache and a even worse feeling of what happened last night.
I hate him.
My own father..
I slowly walk to the bathroom and splash some water on my face. Looking at my reflection, I knew I had to cover up with some makeup.
Another lovely bruise on the side of my eye.
I slip out of the clothes that were left on.
Which was really only my stretched out underwear and bra.
I shrugged. Nothing I can do about it.
I dragged my sore body back to my room and putting on my underwear and bra. I quickly got on a pair of skinny black jeans and a long sleeve marvel top. Grabbing my cellphone, laptop and my backpack, I shoved the laptop into my bag and look at the time. Shit.

"Running late!!" I shrieked and ran to the bathroom and plastered on my face of the day. Today I'll be the caked on whore. I thought to myself.
I applied like three different foundations then finish with sane eye like in my water line and mascara.

Pulling on a Marianas Trench sweater, I ran upstairs, hesitating at the top of the stairs to make sure he wasn't downstairs. He wasn't. I ran out the door after slipping on my old sneakers.

It's chilly today. I crossed my arms across my chest as if to hug myself and walked faster. The school wasn't a far walk but as the days got colder I hated that I didn't take the bus. Looking at the time again, 8:35 am ,
"Damn it! I'm going to be late' cursing under my breath as I started running when I seen my school.

As I got to the doors I heard the first bell ring, Fudgecake. I ran to my locker and grabbed my English binder and ran to the classroom. As I entered, the second bell rang. Thank god I'm not late. I took my seat beside my friend Hilary and gave her a quick smile as I grabbed my laptop out of my backpack and set it on the desk.

"Where have you been?" Hilary
questioned me with a whisper.
" Well I had a late start this morning, I know I said we would hang out and go over each other essays this morning but I didn't walk up until 8. I'm sorry Hil. Forgive me ?" I glance at the board the entire time while I whispered to her, not wanting to look at the look she was giving me.

"What happened to your eye ?" Hilary said loudly without meaning to. She immediately regretted saying that as the teacher turned around from writing on the board,
" what was that, Hilary?" my English teacher asked with a raised eyebrow,
"Well, if you must know, I think I might have to go to the bathroom and Clarissa has to come with . " she frowned at him but I knew she was proud of saying this out loud.

I just nodded and gathered my things quickly but quietly as those two bickered back and forth but Hilary was totally winning as she started to go in to detail and he rose his hand and said ' Go ' with a scrunched up nose.