Chapter Eighteen: A Time Will Come When You Must Run Again

Music is "Zero Hour" by Future World Music, composed by Armen Hambar.

Picture is Pietro's Pizza.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"If your life depends on the aching of your legs,
On the sheer weight of gravity on your feet,
On the shaking of your hands,
Then so be it.

You keep running,
And when your legs contemplate giving out,
You give those legs marching orders.
No one stops until we're home.

And when your feet fall asleep under your watch,
Wake them up, and say,
"Soldier, we're not yet home.
The night is young and so we must go on."

And when your hands tremble
At the sight of the journey's end,
Relent not, relax none,
A time will come when you must run again."

- R. Wolf

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

A/N:

Hey guys!

Okay, I know I'm super late posting this, and I'm sorry! The holidays have me so busy, so I apologize for the delay!

I know I'm late on this, too, but ERMERGERSH CIVIL WAR TRAILER I CANNOT EVEN. I CAN'T EVEN. "SO WAS I". NEWSPAPERS. SARAH ROGERS. WANDA FLYING. BUCKY AND STEVE FIGHTING TONY TOGETHER. SOKOVIA ACCORDS. TEAM CAP VS. TEAM TONY. I WILL NOT SURVIVE THIS MOVIE.

THEN AGAIN, FROM THAT ANGRY BUCKY VS TONY FIGHT AT THE END, NEITHER WILL STEVE.

ASDFGHJKL; I CAN'T.

And the picture is just asking for it xD

Love and Light,
- Save_Pietro_Maximoff

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

It's been hours since we arrived. Luckily, the world hasn't erupted into chaos since then, and Tony thinks he's closer to a solution to fix Vision.

While we wait, the Maximoffs are talking between themselves. Clint and Nat are discussing little Alianova Barton, who has just taken her first steps towards crawling around. I'm on an untraceable phone talking to my mother, Rebecca Sokolova. She keeps asking about the wedding. How big? When? Are they invited? Where? Have you found a dress?

"Rebecca," I chuckle, replying to the question about the dress, "I'm kind of on the America's Most Wanted list right now. A wedding dress is close to the bottom on my list of priorities."

"Have you set a date, at least?" she asks.

I bite my lower lip. "Um..."

"You haven't, have you?" She laughs. "Perhaps, I could be of some help...?"

I smile at the though. My mother and I planning my wedding. I never thought I'd say that, and surprisingly, I'm okay with it. I have to remember what Pietro asked of me: "Give her a chance," he'd said. A chance. That's the least I can do.

"Sure," I finally say. "Sounds like fun. Let's wait until this whole Civil War thing blows over first. It's not safe for me to be seen with family or anyone I care about. They could use you to get to me."

"Of course, of course! I understand. Please, be safe- Oh! your sister just asked if she could help as well?"

I chuckle to myself. "Of course. I'll have the help of Wanda, Pietro's sister, as well. The four of us will have to plan this baby."