Chapter Four: You Were A Risk, A Mystery

Picture is my Pietro & Glory Edit.

Music is "Rage and Serenity" by Henry Jackman from the X-Men: First Class OST.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"You were a risk,

A mystery,

And the most

Certain thing I've ever known."

-Beau Taplin

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER FOUR

{Glory's Point of View}

I nearly had a heart attack, panic attack, and passed out when Pietro walked in with Professor Charles freaking Xavier and James Howlett aka Logan on his flank. I'm still a damn fangirl. Still a sap for the X-Men. I had tackled Logan in a hug, something I'd tried to control myself from doing to the other Avengers, and shook Xavier's hand profusely. Xavier laughed and greeted me, saying that he had heard much about me and my abilities, but Logan just patted my back and said, "Um... hello."

Now we're sitting on my sofa, THE X-MEN ARE SITTING ON MY SOFA, and talking casually about Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. Xavier spoke of numerous things that I didn't know. It's so exciting.

And yet, I can't shake the feeling that something is very wrong. Pietro keeps playing with his hands, something he does when he's nervous or hiding something. I'm tempted to ask why the X-Men are really here, but all Xavier says is that it's private business.

"I'm an Avenger," I say, putting my cup of Earl Grey tea down. "I deserve to know."

"You are on suspended duty, little warrior," Pietro whispers. "It is better that you do not know."

"Who said it was better?"

He sighs. "Steve did." Before I can even reply with a scowl, Pietro adds, "He is just looking out for you."

"He thinks of you as his own sister," Wanda says, entering the room. "He only wishes the safety of you and my new nieces and or nephews."

"That isn't his choice to make," I say lowly. I turn to the Professor and smile. "It was amazing to meet you. Will you be by the New Avengers Tower again?"

Xavier nods, returning my politeness. "Of course. The X-Men and New Avengers will be making joint efforts for the time being. I shall see you again, Ms. Northern."

"Please, call me Glory."

"Only if you call me Charles," he replies. He starts to wheel towards the door. "Thank you for having us. Your home is lovely."

"Oh," I chuckle, "we plan to move out of the tower once the kids are born. It's time we set out on our own." I turn to Pietro to give him a smile.

"If either of them happen to have powers, they will always be welcome at the Academy," Charles says, then saying goodbye, exits through the door.

After he and Logan are gone, I turn to the Maximoff twins and practically squeal, "Oh my realms! I just met THE Charles Xavier and THE Logan!"

Pieteo huffs, smirking. "You were not this excited to meet me."

"She was for me, brother dear," Wanda smirks. "I read her mind."

"Pietro, you kinda were dead on my lawn, remember?"

Pietro waves his hands, "Excuses, excuses."

I turn to Wanda and give her a sweet smile. "Would you be a dear and let me and Pietro talk in private?"