Chapter Three: Very Far From Where I'm Supposed To Be

Picture is aron Taylor-Johnson as Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver.

Music is "X-Training" by Henry Jackman from the X-Men: First Class OST.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"I was born very far from where I'm supposed to be, and so I'm on my way home."

-Bob Dylan

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Chapter Three 

{Pietro's Point of View}

Over the past year, I have come to love mornings almost more than Glory does. With her pregnancy, she sleeps enough for three people, but that does not stop me from waking up and doing something nice for my fiancee. 

I wake to Glory curled up to my side. Ever since she told me we are having twins, she has been extra careful when she sleeps, always on her side and never on her back. She says it helps them sleep, the babies. I take her word for it; she is a mother now, after all.

"Glory," I mumble, trying to pull my arm out from under her red curls. They can be both endearing and hilarious in the morning, everywhere and untamed. "Can I have my arm back?"

She groans and pulls me closer to her. "No."

A small chuckle escapes my lips as I place a kiss to her forehead. "Baby, I have Avengers work today."

"You have Avengers work every day," she grumbles in her sleepy haze. "Can't you take a day off?"

I sigh. "Sadly, no. I wish I could."

She turns to face me as I pull my arm from her her, sitting up. "I feel like I never see you anymore. You're always in Sokovia, or helping in New York, or with Steve with the Next Generation Mutants."

"It has been hectic lately, I know." I pull her up into my arms and cradle her to my bare chest. "It will settle down soon. I promise."

She nods into my neck and turns my chin down to kiss me. "Will you be home tonight?"

I nod. "And we are going to call your mother, da?"

She groans and rubs her eyes. "Ugh. My mother." Another kiss is given that I gladly return. "Okay, silly boy. Be safe. Tell Steve, Vlad, and the others I miss them." Ever since the Second Black Plague, Glory has been on suspended Avengers status. She is taking the year off to take care of herself, our unborn children, and a few months after they are born.

I peck her cheek and hop out of bed. "I will. Get back to sleep. It is only six. You need not get up this early."

By the time I turn to her, she has already snuggled back down into the duvet and fallen fast asleep. 

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Running has always clearned my head, even before I could go five times the speed of sound. The adrenaline, the rush, the focus of every part ofbyour body to push you to the limit. There is nothing on earth like it.

It does not take me long to go anywhere anymore. I used to enjoy that, the time spent running away. Now, as I run to the New Avengers facility outside New York City, I see Wanda land in my path, arms crossed. She can be such a bossy little sister. "Good morning, Pietro," she says, her accent heavy. "Late again, I see?"

"Shut up. I was making breakfast for Glory for when she gets up from her hibernation," I reply, skidding to a stop a foot away. I peck her cheek, a greeting, and walk with her towards the training room. "What is the agenda today, sister?"

"Stark is making his television appearence this afternoon," she says, making doe eyes at Vision from across the room as we enter. "So, thankfully, he will not be with us. We are having a visitor to help with the Next Generation Mutants issue, what to do with them. Vladamir, Katie, Roran, Cole, and Morgana, they do not wish to be Avengers, not after what they witnessed at the Second Black Plague."