Smile that she happened

I'm back with an update *after a long time*. So sorry to those who are reading this. I have been really unfair on updating this story. I'll be updating as frequently as I can now.

Rohan's POV

That night I couldn't sleep, I kept on thinking about mum's letter. She sacrificed herself for dad, for us.

I released a deep sigh as I got down from bed and headed to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. As I was crossing dad's room, I heard the same shuffling noises, I heard every night.

"Dad, you in there?" I asked peeing inside. "Umm... Yeah i'm" he replied after sniffling. Was he crying?

I went inside the room, to find mom's picture frames scattered over the ground and bed. I looked at dad and he stood there looking down not finding words to say.

"that's Mom, isn't it?" I asked. He nodded. "She's beautiful" I said admiring the pictures, smiling sadly. He nodded and said "She is"

After a long time of silence I spoke "Why'd you just hide her from us?"

"Talking about her, hurts. It hurts when I realize that she isn't there anymore" he said almost crying.

I sighed and asked "Do you regret me?"

"what? Of course not. Who said that? Son how can I regret you. You and Jem are the reason i'm there. Otherwise there was no other reason for me to stay here" he said.

"I know Dad. I know everything and I understand. You met mom, fell in love with her. But me I haven't even had a chance to see her once. But I still miss her, want her. I can't blame you" I said kneeling down to infront of his figure.

"Dad you know mom did this for you. She wanted you to be happy, then why make her regret her decision. We can't see her but I can feel her presence. I know she's there with us in our hearts" I said.

"Dad just let it go. What will you get crying over her every night like this? Nothing, she isn't coming back. You have to move on" I held his hand as tears slipped from his eyes.

"Don't cry that she's gone, smile because she happened. You deserve a second chance dad. It's mom's last wish, move on" I said.

Suddenly I heard a feminine sniffle. We both turned to find Jem standing near the door and wiping her tears.

"Mom loves you Dad. Even if she never had a chance to say it, she really does" Jem said coming in.

"Please forgive her" I said. Dad just hugged Jem and me and sobbed. This was the first time he was actually crying near us.

"I ain't angry with her anymore, I ain't" he said still holding us. "I'm so proud of you both. You have grown up now" he said releasing us. We chuckled into our tears and nodded.

"Okay now, back to bed. Jake's family is coming over tomorrow for the discussion about the wedding arrangements" he said wiping his face. We smiled and headed to our respective rooms.

Jemmy's POV

It was morning and I hurried downstairs after realizing that I've been sleeping for a long time.

I went downstairs to find Jake and his family on the sofa, already having tea with Dad.

Rohan was on his IPhone sitting on the dining room. He was so engrossed in his phone, so I went near him and snatched his phone.
"Ally ha? I see. She's the one you've been busy with these days" I said eyeing the ID displayed, teasing Rohan.

"Jem give back my phone" he warned me. "No never. Not until I show this to Dad" I said and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hey no! You aren't doing that" he said running after me. "okay in that case you tell me who's she is" I said stopping.

"Fine she's my girlfriend" he said giving in. I grinned in victory. "Aww my little brother has a girlfriend" I said pulling his cheeks.

"Ow Jem! I'm 20 for heaven's sake. There's no big deal if I have a girlfriend" he said rubbing his red cheeks.

"Go to your fiance now. He has been asking for you since morning" he said glaring at me.

"Ya whatever" I rolled my eyes and went to where Dad and Jake's family were.

"Good morning everyone" I said kissing dad's cheeks. "Good morning sunshine" Dad kissed my hair. I smiled at everyone before Jake grabbed my hands and pulled me to the side.

"Good morning Jakey" I said planting a kiss his on lips. "I told you not to call me that" he said kissing my forehead.

"Okay lovebirds, get a room!" Someone, no chuck that it was Rohan to be precise. He literally yelled near everyone.

I widened my eyes in embarrassment and shot Rohan a death stare, while everyone else in the room laughed seeing us.

"Payback for snatching away my phone!" he grinned evilly. I nodded slowly making weird faces at him. "Well in that case you owe me a payback as well" I said sitting near Dad.

"Who was that girl you were talking to this morning?" I said grinning.

Rohan showed me a 'your dead' look. And I gave him a 'we'll see, huh' look.

"Enough of your fighting now, we have lots of work to be done for the wedding" dad said laughing shaking his head.

"Dad i'm stealing your daughter for the ring selection, for sometime" Jake told my dad and grabbed my hand before dragging me to his car.

We were driving to the mall to buy our wedding rings. Suddenly I saw Sanjana Aunty walking through the street. "Stop the car!" I screeched.

"what? Why?" Jake said. "Just stop" I said and jumped out of the car.

"Sanjana Aunty" I yelled earning a few looks from the people. "sorry" I mumbled more to myself and hurried to her.

"Hi" I said reaching her. It took her a second to realize who I was as we hadn't met in a long 8 years.
"Jem? Oh my god! You've grown up" she said. I chuckled as she pulled me for a hug. I hugged her back.

"I'm getting married" I squealed. "Oh my god! Really?" she said looking excited. "Yess" I replied.

"What's going on?" Jake said coming over. Aunty looked at him confused so I said "It's him".

She chuckled and patted his back. "Jake she's Sanjana Aunty. My mum's best friend" I said introducing him to her.

He misses and smiled at her as she returned the smile. "How's everyone? Rohan? Karan?" she asked.

"Everyone are great. We missed you though" I said. "By the way how come your here?" I asked knowing she didn't stay here.

"oh i'm over for work" she said. I nodded and said "You have to come over at our place before you go".

"Sure I will" she said.

We chatted for a few more minutes before waving goodbye and heading off for our ring shopping.