A Sudden Encounter

AlexisIsAWeirdo
Sorry people I haven't updated in a while because I had been a bit busy. I don't want to lose my readers so please keep reading and voting.
As I promised I dedicated a chapter. This chapter is dedicated to my lovely wattpad bestie Alexis. Please read her stories too they are amazing.
Naina's POV
We reached the carnival and were walking swinging our hands when suddenly my eyes caught a familiar face. It was Karan. I was horrified seeing him cause I knew that if he saw me with Jem then he would ask me about her and I would have to tell him then. I decided to go home "Baby we have to go home, Mommy remembered some work". "No no no, mommy we can't go let's wait for sometime please " and she gave me the puppy dog eyes. I felt bad but had no other choice. I had to go by any means. I couldn't afford to be seen by Karan. "No baby girl we'll come someother time please" I said but she freed herself from my hold and ran. The place was crowded with people so I got nervous and started shouting out her name. "Jem please come back, Jemmmmmmmmm......... " I yelled. People gathered around me and started asking me what happened "I lost my 4 years old daughter in the crowd" I said crying. "what?? daughter??" someone shouted. I looked up to see Karan standing there shock written on his face. I opened my mouth to say something but suddenly saw Jem running up to me. I held her close to my heart as she sobbed quietly. "shh.... Baby it's ok" I picked her up and started walking outside trying to ignore Karan. I heard footsteps behind so I increased my speed but Karan held my arm stoping me. "Naina don't ignore me. I asked you who this girl is?" he asked sternly. "She's my daughter now let go of my arm, you hurt me enough " I yelled. "Is she only your daughter or our daughter? " he asked raising an eyebrow. I stayed silent holding Jem tight as if scared to loose her. "I asked is she my daughter. Answer me god dammit " he screeched which made me and Jem jump a bit. My temper level rose up as soon as Jem trembled. "Shut your bloody mouth up. You are scaring the hell out of my little girl " "and yes you are her father but you don't deserve her" I said sternly. As soon as I said that Jem looked up at me with hoping eyes "daddy". The sparkle in her eyes were back. I nodded and said "yes daddy ". "lets go baby " I started walking again but again Karan stopped me. "What now? " I yelled. "please give me one chance" he begged. I chuckled "chance what chance? " I shrugged and headed home.
I tucked Jem to bed. It was a bit difficult cause she kept asking me about her so called 'daddy' but finally she dozed off. After that I went downstairs to the living room to watch TV. I was watching TV when suddenly I heard a knock on the door.
I opened the door to see Karan again, immediately tried to close the door but he held it tight. He pushed me aside and entered my house. "hey you are not allowed to enter someone's house like that" I yelled. "Where is she ?" "where is my daughter?" Karan kept on asking. "Karan she is my daughter you have no right on her, please go away?" " Ya right I have no right on her" he stammered. "Ya you don't. What have you even done for her? Have you bought her up? Were you awake all night caring for her? Did you bear the pain of labour and give birth to a baby at just 17 years? Have you struggled to bring her up alone?" and at this point I started crying hard. Karan just stood there with his head down in guilt. He genuinely looked guilty. He had tears in his eyes to. "I haven't done any of this and I won't deny that but I promise that in the future you won't have to bear the pain alone. I'll be with you. That's all I can say" he said crying. I felt bad for him. I felt like I could finally trust him. Moreover Jem needed her dad and if I denied that, it would be injustice to both Jemmy and Karan. "one chance, only one chance to correct yourself and if you ever fail then promise to leave me and Jem alone" I said. "Ya ya thanks I'll prove myself as a good father" he said happiness clear in his voice. I smiled wiping my tears. "thanks Naina" and he hugged me and guess what for the first time I didn't refuse instead I held him tight too. He picked me up the ground and went round and round giggling. We were giggling when we heared a voice "mommy". I looked at Karan and I burst out laughing. "Your daughter is a very bad sleeper". "really " he replied raising an eyebrow. "Umm.... If you don't mind, can I go see her. Then i'll put her back to sleep" he asked hopefully. "sure daddy" I mocked him. He rolled his eyes and headed upstairs.
Karan's POV
I had finally seen my baby girl. She was so beautiful just like her mom. Her eyes her smile every thing. She was so adorable.
I went to her room and saw that she was trembling guess because of the cold. I walked up to her and put a hand on her head. "daddy" she asked. "Ya sweetheart daddy" I said. Her daddy soothed my heart. She snuggled in my chest and i held her tight in my arms careful not to hurt her. She layed her head on my shoulder and drifted to sleep. I put her back to the bed pulled the covers and left the room after pecking her forehead.
I walked down and saw Naina in the kitchen. "you both looked adorable together" she said. "Ya. Wasn't that obvious. She's my daughter after all" I chuckled. She smiled and turned back doing whatever she was doing. "Naina Umm.... Can I say something " I stammered. "hmm... Say". "Naina I love you".