Fast Forward

5 years later
Naina's POV
"Jem wake up" "wake up" "princess, wake up baby" and with that i heard soft pitter patter of footsteps down the stairs. I turned to find a little girl with a soft toy in one hand and rubing her eyes with the other, standing down the stairs. She had her messy morning hair that came up to her back and her innocent looking watery eyes. She came running up to the kitchen and hugged my legs as tight as she could. I sat down to her level " whats wrong baby? Was it a bad dream? " i asked her in cooing voice. "yes mamma, bad dwream" she said still hugging me. I smiled at my 4 year old daughter who was so cute in her actions and said "but, princess it was only a dream, nothing in real right? " " and moreover mamma is there with you na" "i will scare the one who scares my little baby, ok"? She nodded shaking her tiny head and then held her stomach saying "mamma princess is hungwry". I smiled and picked her up and took her to the bathroom. After she finished brushing, i undressed her and bathed her. Then i put on a pink frock on her and put up her hair in a high pigtail ponytail, and since her school allowed them to wear casuals so it was not a problem.
I picked her off the bed and took her downstairs and put her on the dining chair. "ok so now princess eats breakfast" i said putting a pancake on her plate. She had finished her breakfast till i got ready. I grabbed a toast and drank a glass of juice, and then held Jem's hand, taking her towards the main door.
Bringing up jem was not an easy task at just an age of 17. Thankfully now i was 21, atleast i could cope up with her tantrums though she was very understanding. She never caused me any sort of trouble. She was too adorable. I loved her very much. She was my first love.
I munched my toast as i put Jem in the car and started the engine. "Mamma, can we go to the carnival after school today please"? Jem said as i drived. "Baby i have classes, but i'll think about it promise". I replied. She has been wanting to go to the carnival since the day it started. But i couldn't manage time for it. Even if she wished to go there, she never fussed. So i thought of finally taking her there. "Ok, mommy but please try" she said. "Sure thing darling " saying that i started driving in silence. Jem was staring at something outside so i let her be. I reached her school and unbuckled her from the seat. I locked the car and led her to her school. I kissed her forehead and bid her bye before going off.
Karan's POV
Five years have passed by, but i still couldn't get over Naina. I still think about her. I tried to find her in any possible place i could, but i failed. Not a single day has passed without me thinking about her. The day she left i realized that i loved her. I wanted to tell this to her so badly, but i couldn't share it with her. I still miss her beautiful eyes for which i had fallen almost instantly. Her smile that got butterflies in my stomach was also no where. Though my life had settled well, i had a good job but my mind and heart was not in its usual place. I wish i hadn't messed up things with her. I wish i could omit that nights memory. She probably hates me, wherever she is now. How i wish i could see her only once and tell her that i loved her. And then whatever her decision would be i would support it.
"Get ready Karan, you got to go to Texas today remember "? Mom shouted from the kitchen. "Ya, mom I'm getting ready" i replied. After i finished packing i put down my luggage and changed my clothes. Then i pulled my luggage and took it downstairs. I kept it near the stairs and went to the kitchen. I hugged mom from back and kissed her cheek. " Bye, mom. Love you" i whispered in her ears before breaking the hug. "cm'here have some breakfast " she said. " no mom i don't feel like having anything" saying that i kissed her last time and left.
After six hours to journey we, i mean me and Jay he was one of my colleagues, we got to the hotel and checked in. Suddenly i got a call from Rajnish he was my school friend who was now in Texas. I picked up the call and was greeted by a " hey, bro. Reached already "? "Yup, i have" i replied. " o well thats great, what are you going to do today"? "Um... Today I've got a day off. We'll start work from tomorow" i said. "Great that's good, um.. There's a cool carnival going on in here, lets get there" he said sounding excited. "Man, i don't want to, i mean i don't feel like, you guys go I'll be here" i said. " you have too, don't be so boring ya, what has happened to you you've turned so serious since some time" "you'a Ok"? He asked. " No it's just work". "So there's no problem, so come it'll be great". He said still insisting me. Finally i gave up and agreed to go to the stupid carnival. I know its not stupid, but ever since the day she left everything seems to be stupid, i even find myself stupid.
Naina's POV
After dropping Jem to school i drived to the academy where i taught dance, singing, and violin to the kids. They were mostly of about five to fourteen years of age, all bigger then Jem. When i reached there i got into the changing room to change into my balley costume, while changing i suddenly felt dizzy and fell down.
I woke up to find myself in a bed. I could hear sift whispers around. When i opened my eyes i saw the Principal of the academy, and a few other familiar people arond me. "Are you ok dear"? Someone asked, but before i could reply my eyes went in the clock which was right infront of me. It was 2:45 pm. Jem's school was over forty five minutes ago. I was startled when i realized it and by saying " i need to go get my daughter " i left after changing back to my normal clothes. When i reached there i saw her sitting under a tree with her head burried in her knees. She was crying hard, which made me guilty. My little daughter had been crying because of me. I ran to the place she was, and when she probably heared footsteps she looked up. Before i could say anything she ran up to me and burried her head in my chest. I didn't realise when i too started crying. " I'm sorry baby, I'm very sorry darling" "please don't cry baby" i said in between tears. "mamma, i thought you no come. I thought you left me" She said. "no baby, mamma can never leave you, i love you so much" i replied. "ok, now stop crying because we're going to the carnival" i said squealing like a kid. "she rubbed her tears innocently and said "rweally, we are rweally going to the carnival"? "um... Yup but only if you give me a kissy first" i said pointing towards my pouted lips. She jumped and kissed me immediately.
I picked her up and took her to the car. I buckled her seatbelt and drove to the carnival.