Sharpies, Fights, and Another Badass?.. I Dont Think So. [12]

Jay's POV

I have V's keys in my hand and Im out the door not even three seconds after Gwen goes into a mental breakdown. I dont want to be here when she does, it just hurts me. How much she cries, how she begs us all never to let anyone do something like that again. Serenity is chasing after me.

"Where in hell do you think you are going?!" She hisses, grabbing my arm before I can open the Trans Am's driver door.

"The Underground Palace. I would like to have a word with Nathaniel." I tug my arm back and get it, starting the car.

"Jay?"

"Yes, Serenity."

"Save the killing for Gwen, kay?" She asks, leaning on the car's window frame.

"Never." I say as she steps away from the window. I am down the driveway with a puff of smoke.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"NATHANIEL AVERMARI!" I boom, slammimg open the doors to the areana. Everyone stops and looks at the moron yelling.

Everyone, even those who are practicing on the mat. And they just happen to be Lillie, Nat's older sister, and her fighting partner, DJ. Lillie jumps over the ropes and strides over to me.

"Nate's home, sick. Whadda need, Rex?" She asks, being all chill.

"What I need is to talk to Nate." I say, trying to stay calm.

"Well he's not here." Lillie stares me down.

"Lil, I really, REALLY, need to talk to him. Dont do this to me now."

"You talk to me, or you arent going to be fighting here anymore, Rex." Lillie says, every word like venom.

"The bastard told someone where G-...Char and I are staying."

"And thats bad?" She asks.

"No, it's really really good and I'd like to thank him by sinking my fist into his nose."

"Ouch. Alright, he's in my office." She throws her office keys at me, I grab them and take off, toward's Lillie's office.

Kales POV.

"Did he leave her at the house?" I ask into my phone, glancing at Nate, who's looking out his sister's office's window on the door.

"Yeah, he slammed the door and everything. I think you challenged his boundaries there, Kale." Spencer replys back.

"Nah, I just want to fight and fuck his girl over. Nothing more, nothing less." I respond and chuckle.

"He knows we're here... Fuck! He has Lillie's keys." Nate exclaims, moving from the door. The damned door opens to a very angry Jason Ceaiso.

"Hello fucker. Goodnight." He smiles and punches Nate, and in seconds Nate's out cold on the ground. His eyes follow Nate down to the floor then he looks back up and sees me.

"YOU! How dare you!? Gwen is a nice person. Why would you challenge that? Ever since you and your posse showed up she started to change. She talks in her sleep, she mutters to the dog. She hasnt ever picked up her guitar in ages! All her happiness is replaced with fear. All thanks to you." He spits.

She played the guitar?

She fears me?

What did I do....

"Oh, wow. I dont even-" I am cut off by a punch to the mouth, by a very angry Jay.

"She didnt always want to fight like this before, you know. She did have other passions, but then she got so into the underground scene. She liked drawing, and writing her own songs. But that all changed." He continues on, I dodge the punches. He's starting to get sloppy.

"I knew I would love her the moment she came into my life. She is my everything. I was involved with the wrong people before this. People like you, Kale. Who thought they knew everything and they had to be everyone's everything." He stops, I refrain punching him.

"People like you are the reason why good people like Courtney get killed in this town, Kaleson. Full of greed, full of lust, and lies. She was your flavor of the week and Gwen went and ruined it because she challenged Gwen's self-being. I hope you are happy. People like you make girls like Gwen get framed for murder. I will still love my girl like its the first day I met her, no one can change that. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get Gwen from going into a coma." He turns and takes something out of his pocket, a video tape, and sets in on the desk in front of me. He leaves, letting his words sink in the air like a poison.

As hard as this is, he's right. On all of it. I am a player on this scene. This is my game. This is our war, Gwendlyn.

"There can only be one badass, sweetheart, and thats me." I say out loud. I grab Jay's video, put it into the VCR, and hit play.