Chapter 21

• Dedicated to Paul: A classmate who died when i was 8. Happy B-day Paul

*EDITING PROCESS UNDWERWAY* PLEASE REFER TO CHAPTER 1

Chapter 21

            The next morning I woke up, sun in my face and screaming for me to get out of bed. At first I didn’t recognize my new room but when I saw my dress from last night’s dinner and my tiara sitting on my dresser everything came right back to me: the meal, my cousins, the look on their faces when we were done showing them what we could do.  Wow what a night.

            Then I heard a knock on my door and Ben came in, dressed and everything.

            “Hey, Mom said we could go into town today with Monica if you want. I want to go get a souvenir. You?” Ben said and then sat on the foot of my bed.

            “Sure lets go right after breakfast, okay? I’m starving”, I said and then ushered him out of my room so I could change for breakfast. When I looked in my closet my smile turned upside down. I forgot that all that was in the closet was dresses, dresses, and more dresses. So I picked out a short, knee length dress that was a rose red and threw it on. Then I went down to the kitchen for breakfast.

            When I got their all the cooks heads turned to me and they all bowed. Next one chief with a big cook’s hat came up to me and introduced himself.

            “Good morning, you’re Highness. I’m Chef Tuvalu, head chef.  What can I do for you?” He said with a smile.

            “Hi. Nice to meet you Chef Tuvalu. Nice to meet all of the rest of you to. Now I was just wondering what will be for breakfast”, I said and then everyone but Chef Tuvalu went back to work.

            “Oh this morning we will be serving bacon and eggs with toast, pancakes, waffles, and more. Do you like that stuff?”

            “Yes, I love it. Thank you. Now witch way to the cafeteria, please?” I asked then he lead me threw to the other side of the kitchen and then into the cafeteria, where, Ben was already seated.

            “There you go, Miss. Anything else?” Chef Tuvalu  asked.

            “No thank you”, I said and then took my seat next to Ben.

            “Nice move. How come you went through the kitchen?” Ben asked with a big grin.

            “Oh just be quiet. I got lost”, I said and then Mom and Dad came in.

            “Hi kids!” Mom said and then came over and gave Ben and I a kiss.

            “Hi, Mom! Hi, Dad!” We both said.

            “Hi kids! We hear your going into town today with Monica”, Dad said taking his seat.

            “Yah”, Ben said with a smile, “We were planning on going there for the morning and then coming back.”

            We were? I thought at him.

            “Yah we were”, Ben said to me and then froze. We hadn’t told Mom and Dad about the M. M. part yet and now Ben just blew it.

            “Yah we were what?” Mom asked. Then I bit my lip and looked at Ben annoyed.

            “I can send M. M.’s”, I said holding in my little bit of anger.

            “M. M.’s?” Mom and Dad asked.

            “Mental Messages”, Ben and I both said.