Chapter 6

*EDITING PROCESS UNDERWAY* PLEASE REFER TO CHAPTER 1

Chapter 6

When I opened my eyes the next morning I was on the ground with the sunshine shining straight down on me. For about six in the morning it was really bright out and a lot of people were walking around. The air was warm, there was a slight breeze, and the flowers were opening up.

 Then a small kid, probably about the age of six, walked up to me and kind of looked at me curiously.  So I looked back to check that my wings were pulled in and they were, so I felt relieved that that wasn’t the reason she was staring at me.

“Why were you sleeping on the ground?” she asked in a small voice.

“Ummm….. I was just….ummmm…”, I  stumbled and some other lady walked up behind the small girl and grabbed her hand.

“Maria, don’t go wandering off like that again”, the woman warned and turned back to me. “I’m so sorry.”

“No, no it’s ok”, I said getting up.

“Well we’ll be going now. Good bye and sorry again”, she said turning to leave.

“Alright then, bye”, I said turning to go in the opposite direction.

As I started walking away till I was out of their sight I noticed one of those guys dressed in black from the World Experiments Administration thing. He was talking to another guy in black and so I hid behind a tree so I could watch them. Then I looked around and jumped up in to the tree and slowly climbed from one of its branches to a branch from another tree. Then I could hear their conversation.

“Has anyone found that little angel yet?” One of them asked as I thought Angel!?

“No. She is just so stealthy and fast”, the other answered, “But we had a signal on the helicopter she stole up until she was about 200 miles from shore.”

“Yah, well now we can’t find her. The Head Commander will be so mad.”

“No. He will be furious. Then he’ll blame John and all the other guys who tried to stop her”, the second guy said.

Let’s just hope we find her so that we don’t get in trouble and—“ , said the first guy but he was cut off by the sound of his walkie talkie beeping.

“Yes?” he asked.

“Sir, We think we just saw her running through town into the Brown Café”, said the guy said with an electric voice sound in his voice.

“Alright, we’re heading that way then. Meet us there.”

“Yes, Sir”, he said and then the two guys took off running towards the café.

Then I jumped down and ran in the opposite direction. When I reached the plaza I looked around and ran into and alley. Then when I was about haft way down the alley I noticed a guy hiding in the shadows and I turned to go back but saw some guy coming down the alley towards me.

Then I turned around to find the guy in the shadows was there about ten feet from me and he was very tall. Then he stepped closer so I stepped back but bumped into a guy behind me and I turned to see the guy had gotten closer.

“What are you doing down our alley?” asked the guy who was hiding in the shadows.

“I… I was just walking down to take a umm… a short cut to a friend’s house”, I said as bravely as I could.

“Well maybe you shouldn’t have taken a short cut, huh?” He asked coming closer.

Then I remembered how the guy in the park had asked the other guy if they had found me, the “little angel”, and I decided to improvise.

“Well then, maybe you shouldn’t have messed with an angel. Huh?” I asked him stepping closer so I could get right up in his face.

“A what! Don’t waste your breath kid trying to fool us!” he snapped.

“Oh I’m not wasting my breath” I said snapping out my wings and jumping up so that I was flying about a foot above his head.

“Whoa!” he said jumping back and landing on his butt as the other guy was knocked down by one of my wings as I snapped it out.

“Well I hate to run but I got to go. Okay?” I said and then I flew away as fast as I could.