Chapter 14

*EDITING PROCESS UNDWERWAY* PLEASE REFER TO CHAPTER 1

Chapter 14

The next morning I woke up with the sun in my eyes and Ivy next to me on the floor in her sleeping bag. The bedroom door was closed like we had it at one in the morning last night and the porch doors were still locked.

Ivy had on her tank top and shorts, which she made into pjs, and I had on my tank top and pj pants so that if I had to make a run for it I could use my wings.

Ivy seemed to be taking the “big surprise” pretty well. I could tell she had it on her mind all last night and wanted to talk about it but I wanted to keep last night as “real” as possible.

Then Ivy woke up and sat up with me and laughed a little.

“Your feathers are all messed up like your hair”, she said with a sleepy smile.

“Really?” I asked and tried to turn me head to see it but all I could see was the top of one wing, “Want to brush them out for me?”

“Brush them out? You brush your wings?”

“No. I can’t reach the backs of my wings but if you want to you can”, I said then got up and grabbed two brushes from my dresser and handed one to her.

“Really? I can?” She asked uncertain.

“Sure knock yourself out.”So I stretched out one wing and she began to brush while I brushed my hair. As I did I could feel the brush going down my wing, and back up to the top to brush another section.

“Your wings are so pretty and white”, she said still brushing.

“Thanks… but I still wonder how I got them. I wasn’t born with them and I didn’t have them a month ago.”

“Really?”

“Yah”, I said then I heard a knocking at my bedroom door. So I quickly pulled in my wing and I looked at Ivy then I called “come in” and Brendan and Ben walked in.

“Finally you guys are up”, Brendan said once he was in my room.

“Yah… and?” I asked.

“We were up since four”, Ben said in a mocking way.

“Well what time is it now?” Ivy asked.

“eight”, Ben answered.

“Wow… Now I’m hungry”, I said out of nowhere.

“Yah me too”, Ben chipped in and showed his fangs and that made Ivy a little nervous.

“Ben! Enough.” I said standing up so that we were eye level. 

“Okay. Okay. Don’t get your feathers in a rustle.”

“Speaking of feathers in a rustle”, Ivy said, “You messed up your feathers again.”

 “Woops! Wanna help?” I said then sat down and extended a wing again. Then she began to brush out my wing again.

  “You brush your wings?” Brendan asked and Ivy and I looked at each other.

“What you don’t?” We both said in unison and started cracking up.

“Hey I’m still hungry over here”, Ben said out of nowhere, “Are we going down stairs for pancakes or not?”

“Sure. Just let Ivy finish and I’ll put on a shirt to hide my wings and we can go.”

So three minutes later we were down stairs eating pancakes. Mom had made her “special” pancakes. All they really are is just the pancakes but she adds chocolate chips to them while they’re cooking.

After breakfast we went up stairs and put real clothes on. Then we went and talked to Ben and Brendan about flying to the park.

Please. Pretty please. Come on Ben. You know you want to…” I pleaded.

“Come on. Make two girls happy”, Ivy pleaded with me.

“No we don’t even know where those WEA guys are anyway”, Ben said then crossed his arms.

“Come on. You don’t want to let down an angel now do you, Ben?” I said trying to get on his good side.

“Hmmm… let me think that answer over okay? Hmmm…Yes I do.”

“Oh come on, Ben. The outdoor town pool is right next to the park. Think of how big of a splash you could make if you cannon balled into it from ten yards up. Hmmm…?” Brendan said trying to find his good side too.

“Oh… alright. But just for an hour okay?” Then an applaud of cheers went up and Ivy and I ran to my room to change.