Chapter 18: Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I'm sorry. You should have called me." I said. "I already have."

"I did." He replied calmly.

"You did?" I frowned. I quickly fish out my phone in my purse and after a few minutes, finally I found what I was looking for.

I have a small MK hamilton purse and sometimes, I don't understand why it's so hard to find the things inside it. It seems like the inside was like a big drawer where tons of stuff were stored. And I honestly, there's only few things in my purse. Cellphone, keys, small pouch for my lipgloss and lipstick, blush on powder, and my small organizer book.

That's it, but it took me a hell of two minutes to find my phone.

I check my phone and indeed, I have nine missed calls and thirteen messages. Most of it, from him. Looking for me, inviting me for dinner and to meet his girlfriend.

I look at him when I read the last part..

He wanted me to meet his girlfriend.

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes. We just got official yesterday." He grinned happily. I chuckled, because he was acting like a teen-struck love fool. Honestly, I felt happy. Finally, he found a girl. I'm just hoping the girl is deserving.

"Congratulations!" I grinned cheekily then almost jumped on him in joy. He chuckled and catch me for a big hug.

"Thanks, baby doll." He said between chuckling. I was so happy for him.

"Ehem. .." I heard a fake cough behind me. We both pulled away and look who it was and I felt my body stiffened.

"Yes?" JJ pulled me to his side like he was ready to defend me. His happy face is now cold and grim, but not as grim as Nicolai's face.

Nicolai's jaw are clenched. A prominent crease line on his forehead makes him more look menacing and dangerous. His cold stare is too intent, it sends tingles down my spine, but not in a good way. It's alarming.

"Who are you?" JJ asked when he didn't respond. He was just staring at me with contempt, and some unknown emotions.

"Nicolai Petropoulis." He simply said as he shot him a disparaging glance. His lips then pursed as he averted his gaze to me, scorchingly.

When I look at JJ, he stared at me, eyes filled with curiosity. He knew why I ran away, and he knew about Nicolai. I didn't lie to them. And he knew how much I love him, although he didn't know what I did, before I collapse that night.

"Nicolai Petropoulis, the son of the renowned Hotelier, Nicolas Petropoulis." He steps closer to Nicolai. "I'm Jaschel James Baumgartner, a restaurateur and a realtor." He extended his hand and Nicolai just stared at his hand with his face gave nothing away.

JJ shrug it off and tucked his hand in his pockets.

The two stood a few ft away and I could sense the tension getting thicker each seconds. I decided to intrude since I can't take Nicolai's presence anymore. My insides is too weak right now.

"Let's go JJ." I tug JJ's left hand, and then shot Nicolai a glance. "I'll see you tomorrow at my office." I said before turning on my heel and led JJ quickly to the entrance door.

I could still feel Nicolai's burning stare on my back. My legs is starting to shake, so I held onto JJ's arms trying to get more support. JJ link his hand around my waist to hold me in place.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he opened the door and led me inside.

"Ye-yeah." I heaved a sigh to relax my muscles and insides, then I pulled away from him and smiled. "I'm fine." I walk to the elevator that just opened and waited until the passengers emptied the small room and then I step in. JJ followed and stood beside me. I punch the 8th floor and when the door closes, I heaved a heavy sigh.