Part V

As he stood by her side once the doctors left, he noticed she had her ring on but then he wondered what the new necklace was all about? He tried to peak & what he saw crushed him with guilt even more.

How in the world had he left this girl? She loved him without expecting anything back, it was nothing like he had experienced before in life. Although it had been a while since he knew she loved him this way but seeing his ring on her neck made him feel like he couldn't stand anymore, he sat down near her bed, holding her necklace, adoring her face & her love..

She could feel someone fidget with something that meant more than her life these days, that ring had stuck by her when her love left her, it had been her only constant, a reminder of having him & his love close to her heart. She would fight the entire world if she had to, to protect that piece of jewellery. He was dead for her. But alive this way in her heart. And that made her eyes spring open as she snatched the ring & wriggled away from his hold backwards!

"Don't touch me, leave that alone "she screamed at the top of her lungs, making the entire ward tremble, the nurses and doctors rushed in as his eyes watered first in shock & then in pain, and then in guilt. She would never wriggle away, he had only experienced her cuddling closer whenever he held her. This was a first, first of the the many things he was gonna experience & hear from her. He could just see it in her eyes. No explanation would suffice. But he had to fight this feeling. She still loved him, right?

"San..nn" he wasn't able to complete his sentence as she sprang right at him, holding his face, not being able to believe what she saw, she needed to touch him, her man, whom she believed dead. "Can you'll see Randhir? My randhir.. I see him everyday.. But I can touch him.. Right now, so I think, I feel he's here, I'm not crazy dad"  she spoke looking nowhere else but Randhir's eyes.

Getting no answer she looked up at renuka who was crying like she'd flood the room any minute. "Mam, you can see him? Your son? I'm holding his face right now, can you? You also try.. Here.." she said extending her hand still looking right into his eyes. He saw her completely lose it & he couldn't take it, he kept his hands on hers & he heard her breathing stop. Stuck. Right there in the moment. As she closed her eyes.

The doctors whispered that they should get out & let them have their moment, this was important. He was glad that they did cz it dint take him a second to take her lips, kissing her like it was the last time, something in his mind told him that she'd not allow this for a while now. But to his shock she dint budge, she sniffed during the kiss & he chuckled at how cute she was.

What he dint realise is that she felt this was a dream. She dreamt of him each day, every hour, all the time. The room was filled with cute giggles once in a while, after which he carefully lay her down hovering over her, deepening the kiss, he felt like he could do this forever starting now until he breathed his last. "I love you sanyukta, I'm sorry" he dug his nose into her cheek,followed by pressing his lips to the corner of hers. He had missed her so much these 3 months.

Though he never stood back to think, for her, she'd given up on the aspect of ever feeling his lips on her.

This was the calm before the storm.