Chapter 31: Poor Thing, I'll Take Care Of Her

Start from the beginning

Stop talking to me, and stop ease dropping. I snapped, ignoring the people in the room.

Fine sweet heart, I was just going to warn you about something, I’ll leave you alone if you wish, he replied shortly after, in a very playful tone.

I huffed out a breath, what the heck is this guy up to now.

***************************

I feel chubby.

I stopped flipping through Emilia’s magazines, and settled myself on the bean chair. Camilia is painting her sister’s nails a dark navy blue. She already painted mine yellow. I hate the color, because they remind me of rubber ducks. Then that reminds me of someone I’m ignoring.

I grabbed at my stomach, getting a few small rolls. Stupid Fang Face calling me chubby. “Am I chubby?” I blurted to the room, pulling a blanket over myself.

Both of the sisters burst out laughing, “What? No you’re not! I wish I looked like you! These things just don’t work with me,” Camilia commented, looking down at her boobs with a scowl She  almost fell off the bed in the process, But Emilia grabbed her arm quickly. I didn’t even see her arm move.

I rolled my eyes, and picked up the teen magazine, “I was looking through this thing, and it told me about this vegetarian diet. My friend Kim did one of them, and she lost thirty pounds! You don’t eat the whole day, and when you get hungry you eat a hardboiled egg.”

After eating three fourths of a bag of cheese puffs, a tug of Chunky Monkey ice-cream, and three huge cups of weird tasting orange soda, I think it’s safe to say I’m fat.

“Um Nat, you know eggs are considered a meat right?” Emilia commented, checking her straight blond hair for split ends. Do Vampires even get split ends?

I knit my brows together at the whole “Nat” nickname, and turned to a new page in the magazine. What are they going to do when they find out my real name? “Easy for you to say, you weigh like twenty pounds,” I mumbled sarcastically, skimming the page.

Oh my, I think I have found my favorite page yet.

Top Ten Worst Pranks Of The Year!

I read over them, laughing to myself.

1.      Put shaving cream on your buddies’ hand, and then wave a feather over their nose.

2.      Lay a bunch of empty cups around their room.

3.      Put a fake wall on their door, to make it seem their room doesn’t exist.

4.      In the fridge in the fruit in the vegetable door

5.      Put a bucket of mayonnaise over your victim’s door, then dump it on them!

“Why are you laughing?” Camilia questioned, interrupting my reading.

I continued to laugh, and pressed my face into the bean bag chair. Tears began running down my face I was laughing so hard. I sat up, to see the room spin slightly.

What is wrong with me?

“Ooh, look a full moon!” Camilia commented, running over to the huge window. She peered underneath the curtain, and stared at it.

I continued laughing, and held my cup of orange soda to my lips. “I love this stuff!” I shouted, and brought my head back.

Someone took the cup out of my hands carefully. I looked up to see a blurry face, holding my soda! “Gimmie!” I whined, grabbing their hands.

“No!” The person huffed, “there’s drugs in it— Camilia help! Her eyes rolled back in her head!“

There was a loud bang on the door, and Emilia hurried to answer it, “Valentine thank God!  Help her!“ A distorted voice screamed. It sounds like Emilia’s, but changed into a deeper voice as she spoke.

“Shit!” A deep voice yelled. In a flash someone was at my side. Their face hovered over me, and two blue saucers stared at mine, “Poor thing, I’ll take good care of her.”

No!

I struggled against him, but he lifted me up easily. “I knew I shouldn’t have showed her the pain medicine. She probably had an allergic reaction,” he said dramatically, stroking my cheek.

This isn’t happening.

I kicked and pounded at his chest. The world wavered, and we are now in the dark hallway. I can see Emilia and Camilia peering out their bedroom, “Is she going to be ok?” Emilia exclaimed, sounding further away.

I tried to call out, but my mouth suddenly feels cottony, and swollen.

“Yes, she might be out of it for a few days; I’ll try and heal her in the basement,” the deep pitched voice of my carrier said. It reminded me of drums, and I thumped their chest to a beat.

We started to walk, and he gripped me tighter, “Stop hitting my chest, your making people stare.”

I reached, and pulled at anything I could, making my carrier grunt.“I’m going to make a list this time, of all the things you do to me while loopy, and blackmail you,” a deep voice threatened.

He carried me down stairs, and I can now hear deranged music. My back felt something cold, and smooth. I looked up at the ceiling, to see bright lights.I whimpered and tried to cover my eyes.

Why can’t I move my arms?

“Because sweet heart, the drugs are kicking in.”

Valentine!

“You...Stupid…Vampire,” I slurred, my voice sounding deep. My eyes crossed, and he leaned in close to my face.

His gloved finger played with my lip, and I bit it, tasting leather afterwards. “Now you’re going to get it,” he growled.

I can still talk to you in my mind! I yelled at him happily.

Not until you pass out honey, he replied gently, roughly grabbing one of my arms. I protested, and felt a prick in my arm.

I felt the heartbeat in my ears slowly go down, and a soft whisper in my ear.

 “Sweet dreams once again, Miss Heart.”

My eyes drifted closed, and my head rolled to the side.