Nighttime Comfort - Rocket X ChubbyReader

You were asleep in your room on the Milano until the call of nature woke you up. You sighed as you sluggishly got out of your warm, cozy bed wearing your (fav. color) pajamas and headed to the bathroom. After that you were on your way back to your room, you saw Peter Quill sitting at the controls keeping an eye out for any threats while he had his headphones on. Then you noticed Rocket sitting at the table with a deeply troubled look on his face. He held his head in his hands then crossed his arms and rested his head on them.

You harbored a crush on the raccoon since the first day you met him. He was funny, clever, and overall awesome. In your mind it would never happen because one you were a human and he was a raccoon, and two you were on the chubby side. Of course you can kick butt just as good as everybody else and you know how to work almost any weapon you can find. Your only advantage for having a plush figure was that your opponents would easily underestimate you until you catch them off guard with a surprise attack. Still it did bother you to have a body like this every now and then. Sometimes you'd secretly wish you had Gamora's figure. You and the guardians got along pretty well; you and Gamora would have some girl time to yourselves, you and Peter shared the same taste in music, Drax would chat with you from time to time, Groot was a sweetheart to you, and Rocket actually enjoyed your company including your abilities in combat.

You continued to look at the raccoon as he rested his head on his forearms. You took a deep breath and made your way toward Rocket.

"Hey Rocket," You said.

He lifted his head up and looked up at you, "Hey ______."

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," the raccoon mumbled.

You said as you took a seat next to the raccoon, "Come on what is it?"

"It's nothing." Right away you could tell he was lying and something was bothering him.

"Rocket, you're not fooling me," you said leaning in a little.

"I said it's nothing," Rocket said he turned himself away trying to avoid you meeting his gaze.

You stood up, "Ok fine, you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to, if you need me I'll be going back to bed."

You were about to leave the room when Rocket finally spoke, "______ wait."

You turned around when he said your name and you can see he had an anxious expression on his face.

Rocket took in a deep breath, "I'll tell you but could we talk somewhere more private?"

"Sure, whatever makes you comfortable," You replied.

"Let's go then," Rocket got up from his seat and began walking toward his room.

You followed in after the raccoon, his room had tools and several scrap parts of the floor. He sat down on his bed and you took the available space next to him. A moment of silence fell on both of you as you two sat in the dimly lit chamber.

"So, what is it?" You asked as you shifted.

"Well, I had a nightmare, no, more like memories of the experiments I went through years ago, tearing my body apart, putting it back together, again and again and again... I-it just won't stop," his body shuddered.

Your mind went to the time when you and the guardians were in Knowhere, when you, Rocket, Groot, and Drax were hanging out at the bar to pass the time until The Collector was ready to meet with them. Sometime later Drax and Groot got into a fist fight and Rocket pulled out his gun ready to blast Drax into oblivion. Peter got in between them trying to defuse the situation.