My Girl - Rocket X Reader

It had been about a month since Ronan's defeat and so far everythings been going smoothly. You've been with the Guardians since you all decided to team up and bust out of the Kyln prison. Groot was almost back to his normal size but he still had some growing to do. As for Rocket you've pretty much had a crush on him since day one. One in a while you two would hit one of the local bars for a drink and sometimes one or both of you would come back drunk. You wished Groot would come along but Rocket said that he promised Groot once he's fully grown he'll bring him with us.

At this time, you and the Guardians were making a little pitstop while the Milano was getting a little maintenance work done. It was just the typical check the engine, check the oil, and refuel. Since it was going to take a couple of hours, you and the Guardians decided to go restock on some supplies such as food, ammo, medicine, etc. You picked up a book or two for the long trip and stocked up on some your favorite snacks just in case.

Later, the Milano was fueled up and ready of action as everyone got back with box in their arms. Rocket came in with a box of scrap parts he was going to work on later. You set the box you were carrying on the table then you carried your bag of stuff into your room and stored it in the closet for now. When you came out you saw the raccoon sorting out a few things he bought earlier today.

"Hey Rocket," you greeted as you walked over to the raccoon.

Rocket stopped what he was doing and looked up at you, "Oh hi ______."

"Did you find anything good?"

"I actually found some pretty good deals, and I even found something that would really give the Milano-" Rocket began to say until was cut off by Peter Quill a.k.a Star lord.

"Don't you dare," Peter said as he walked in.

"Oh why not?" Rocket huffed.

"Because we just got it checked out and it doesn't need any more modifacations," Peter stated before he left.

"You're such a killjoy," Rocket mumbled under his breath while you let out a soft giggle.

Rocket looked back at you, "Since we still have time before we leave, you wanna go out for a drink?"

"Sure," you replied.

The closest bar was thankfully a few blocks away from the Milano. You and Rocket went in, took a seat at one of the bar stools, and ordered yourselves first round of drinks. A few drinks later you were starting to feel a small buzz but not enough to qualify as drunk yet.

"I still can't believe Quill won't allow me make a few modifications to the ship, I have a few good ideas," Rocket stated.

"I know you have good ideas but I think the reason Peter won't let you is because of your hobby of creating bombs in your spare time," you replied.

"What? You never know when you're gonna need one."

"I guess you're right."

"Hey babe come here often?" A guy with bluish skin said as he came between you and Rocket and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Not anymore," you mumbled as rolled your eyes. This wasn't the first time some guy tried to pick you up at a bar. Actually it happened a few times before but you've somehow managed to get out of some these situations.

"How about I buy you a drink and then we could go for a little ride, what do you say?" The guy said as he leaned in close to you.

You let out an annoyed sigh, "Forget it I'm with someone."

"Oh come on it'll be fun," he said while wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"Hey get your hands off my girl," Rocket growled.

The guy scoffed, "Oh yeah? What are going to do about it?"

As soon as he turned around Rocket was standing on the bar table with his gun ready and aimed inches away from the guy's face. Most of the people who were once sitting at the bar stools had already ran off at the sight of the raccoon's weapon of choice.

"Simple, I'll blast your freakin face off if you try to lay another hand on her," Rocket snarled.

The guy slowly backed away from the raccoon and took off running out the door. Rocket lowered his gun and placed it on his back. Some of the bystanders were still staring at the raccoon with a mix of shock and unease.

"What the hell are you all looking at!?" Rocket snapped.

Everyone in the bar quickly looked away and tried to carry on what they were doing. Rocket sat back down and finished his drink. You stared at Rocket for a moment, the last time he got this worked up like this was when you two went to a bar a couple weeks earlier, one of the drunks was about to grab your butt and Rocket took an ashtray and threw it at his head.

"______, let's go," Rocket said as he got off the stool.

"Um ok," you replied as you got up from your seat and walked out with the raccoon.

You and Rocket walked back to the ship with a few street lights lighting your path as it got darker. When you two came across a bench Rocket sat down as he took his gun off his back and set it on the ground. You took a seat next to him. After about a minute of silence you decided to say something.

"Hey Rocket thanks for the help back there," you said.

"It was no problem and besides that guy was a real jackass for interupting our conversation," Rocket replied as he leaned back.

"I know right?" You sat back for a bit until what Rocket said at the bar earlier came to mind.

You looked over, "So, what was it that you said back there about me being your girl?"

Rocket tensed up, "Wh-what? Did I really say that? I mean what was I supposed to do let him harass you like that on my watch? I don't think so."

"Rocket, were you jealous?"

"No, it's just- I just don't like seeing other guys hitting on you," Rocket flustered.

There was a brief pause before you spoke, "Were you?"

Rocket looked up at you and smirked, "What if I was?"

Suddenly he slowly brought his face closer to yours until his nose was touching yours with his hands gently resting on your shoulders. Before you could react he closed the space between you two. Your (colored) eyes widened and closed as you returned the kiss. You slowly wrapped your arms around his waist and pulled him in a bit. After about a minute or so you two pulled away.

"So, would you mind if I called you my girl," Rocket asked.

"Not at all," you blushed.

"Let's head back before Quill decides to start looking for us," he said.

"Good idea," you replied as you and Rocket got up and walked back to the Milano.