4

Avi Kaplan's POV

"You felt like someone was watching you?" Scott asked. I nodded, "The night Cassidy and Sam took you and Mitch."

Mitch leaned his head on Scott's shoulder and sighed. I sighed as well. "Let's go get that last letter," Kevin yawned. I checked the time, surprised to see it was almost 11. We've been doing this all day.

"We'll finish this tomorrow. Go get some sleep, guys. Be at the park by 12," I said. They all nodded and we left her house. I made sure to lock the door on our way out.

"I'll drive you three home," I said to Mitch, Scott and Kevin. "Thanks," Mitch mumbled and got in the back with Scott. Kevin went into the front with me.

I began to drive to Kevin's since he was closer. The radio was barely heard and Mitch seemed to be dozing off in the back. Scott smiled at his best friend.

I pulled into Kevin's driveway, "See you tomorrow. Thank you so much for helping," I said. He smiled, "Any time. Night, guys."

The guys in the back said a barely audible 'goodnight' and I pulled out once he left my car.

Next stop; the sleepy ones in the back's apartment.

"Would if Kirstie is surprising you?" Mitch mumbled. I sighed, "I hope so. If she is, it's a weird surprise."

"Mhm," Scott said sleepily.

I pulled in and smiled at my two friends, "See you tomorrow, thanks for your help."

Scott smiled back, "No problem, man. Kirstie's our friend, too," he said as he hauled Mitch out of the car. He waved a goodbye as he got out and I sighed. I drove again to my house and within a few minutes, I pulled in.

I got out, locked my car and walked inside my house. I closed the door, locked it, and made my way to my bedroom. Yay. Sleep. I thought sarcastically. I'm only going to dream of Kirstie.

I changed into pajamas and threw myself at the bed, trying to sleep.

And I did.

*

I looked around frantically. "Kirstie?" I called. She was nowhere to be seen. We were back at the warehouse and I was afraid of what would happen, of what could happen. I heard a mumbled 'Avi' and I ran towards the muffled voice.

There I saw Kirstie, tied in the same chair. I looked around to make sure no one was there and I untied her immediately. Scratches, bruises, cuts and wounds marked her body and I felt the need to puke and cry.

"Kirstie? Everything's going to be just fine, okay? I'm gonna help you," I said, untying the last one.

Until I felt a sharp pain in my side.

I winced, looked at my side and to no surprise, a knife was stuck there. I glanced at Kirstie and she looked terrified. "It's okay, it's nothing," I said as I pulled it out carefully, although it still hurt. I looked at the person who did it, but I couldn't recognize their face. I didn't know who they were, and I don't think I wanted to.

"Kirst... Who are they?" I asked. She looked at them. "I don't know," she whispered. If neither of us knew, then why would they capture Kirstie and stab me? They had to of had a reason.

"Who are you and why are you doing this?" I asked as they smirked at me. "That doesn't matter," they whispered.

I woke up with a jolt, sweat forming on my forehead. I took intakes of breaths and calmed down... or tried to. Everything's okay, Avi. It was only a dream. No... it was a nightmare.